Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know several of you were watching this and I couldn't resist so I bought it,

A Model 336CS, http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=247845912

I have a full guarantee so I am not worried and study the serial number in the pictures of the Auction link. The first four digits are personal to me, but then have the cal and number 1 afterwards..Oh my I was a sucker at the sight of it.

·
Premium Member
2,730 Posts
Re: How about this one: 336GS Custom in 35 Rem. ?

Beautiful rifle! :eek: And in a great caliber! ;D

Congrads

CJ

·
Registered
1,982 Posts

Can't say I have ever heard of Mr. Johansen, but clearly he is a gentleman who understands how to refine an already-nice rifle. Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts

12/08/35--? Birthday ?

Been watching his auctions off and on for sometime--Can't wait to see what you think of it when you get it. It will be really nice to know from some one personally how well his workmanship holds up to his advertising.

I'm sure envious, a really beautiful gun and my favorite caliber, perfect for power, balance and recoil--doesn't get much better than that.

Congratulations,

Steve

·
Registered
8,204 Posts

Congrats on a fine rifle. I watched the auction and when I clicked over on it I would have sworn it said the auction was ended, I was thinking that no one bought it. I bought the last one he had listed on Gunbroker. It was a nickled 68 year RC and I am extremely happy with it. The trigger and action are really nice and it shoots just like he said it would. You can go to the last feedback and click to the left and veiw the one I bought. Jeff used to ask 650.00 dollars but since he has gone to 700 dollars for his guns. I am pretty impressed with him and if you give him a e-mail he will send you his entire list of work he does with prices. He has a accuracy package for 200 dollars that includes a lot of steps he does to just about any rifle. I have been thinking about sending my 444 to him. Again congrats on a beautiful rifle.

Horseshoe

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts

GS ??? Someone correct my eyes here, but the pic of the barrel read CS..... never heard of a GS.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts

LT said:
GS ??? Someone correct my eyes here, but the pic of the barrel read CS..... never heard of a GS.
Good catch----Marlin-itis typo ! I get that excited when I get a new one too ;D ;D ;D

Steve

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Com'on guys "GS" Great Shooter...Sheesh... ;D ;D

As soon as I get back from Yellowstone, I am going to send him my 336 Texan...

I have talked with him on the phone and he is extremely knowledgeable regarding how to make a great rifle better.

Thank goodness I don't have to pay for long distance calls...the last two would have broke the bank... ;)

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

ia1727 said:
12/08/35--? Birthday ?

Been watching his auctions off and on for sometime--Can't wait to see what you think of it when you get it. It will be really nice to know from some one personally how well his workmanship holds up to his advertising.

I'm sure envious, a really beautiful gun and my favorite caliber, perfect for power, balance and recoil--doesn't get much better than that.

Congratulations,

Steve
No first two are Birthday next is caliber 35 and the last two 01, well...you understand..

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice...congrats!

I love the checkering and hand rubbed finish. It looks like he replaced the butt pad and pistol grip cap as well. Been thinking about doing all of that to mine. The checkering might need an expert's touch though. ;D

Not sure about the bore lapping. I've heard good and bad. It certainly doesn't seemed to have harmed the accuracy here. I'd be interested to find out what kind of groups she shot before the makeover.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Wow, that's a fantastic guarantee, he'll let you shoot it, and if it doesn't live up to his word, send it back?

That is confident, in the rifle, AND the buyer!

Nice score!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
And if you hurry, the postal match may have a winner!

·
Registered
154 Posts
great looking rifle, great caliber. Congrats on the win

·
Registered
243 Posts
congrats on the new rifle, i've seen that one on GB. he had a very good detail of what he had done to it, and good pic's too. i'm sure you'll love it. :)

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I've drooled over a couple of his other auctions myself.

I'll admit at first that I thought the prices were high but the more I thought about, the more I think this may really be a good deal. For instance, look at the prices for all these new Marlins that are running six and seven hundred dollars from the factory and they're remlins to boot. Here's a rile that has been gone over and shot for precision with a sample target and a guarantee for about the same as a factory new one that may have quality issues? It's a no brainer.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Kid Sopris,
Don't use Hoppes #9 solvent on anything nickel plated as it will pit the heck out of it. Also looks like the tang screw is buggered up. Might need
replacing. I'm not being critical, I just hate it when someone does not use the correct screw driver then ends up ruining the screw head. Bought two used Marlins last year and had to replace EVERY exposed screw on two otherwise very nice rifles. Just bugs the you know what out of me!
358 Win

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
KS, nice Marlin, very nice. Take care of that shooter, John.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Beautiful, who is this gentleman? Not sure I've heard of his work. DP

1 - 20 of 22 Posts