Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want this topic raised if not [already].I am appalled still to this day why we allow the killing of two Caribou bulls , when these animals are and can be affected by disease or predation, sharp swings in calf deaths. I love to hunt and have done so for 35 years. I prefer to harvest what i eat and thank my country for looking after the game animals , As hunters we should not allow our game departments to decrease herds on helicopter counts only we must look and other alternatives for accurate counts. I will tell you on the province of Newfoundland the Woodland Caribou is in serious danger of extinction .The coyotes are a species with eastern wolf blood and they are huge ,the terrain is dense and they hunt in packs.last year 97 % calf mortality imagine some disease with this on-slaught.So really is it nescessary to kill two bulls as they do in the north ,Also with the success of all the bow hunters who hunt pre -rut and all the way through I am not sure if the Game departments can tell what the hell is going on , I know i see many dry deer and dry cow elk in early spring .
Before you go saying he is not a bow hunter .Oh yes I am !
Before you say The limit of bulls on a licence in Newfoundland is one ,you are correct but not in the rest of Canada

1 - 1 of 1 Posts