Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
Re: Hornady Rep.

dpe.ahoy said:
..............if Hornady didn't get some on the shelf soon everyone would be using cast.
Or Speer. Or Sierra. You can't very well take over the market if you don't have any product on the shelves. But yeah, threatening to heat up the pot and give up jacketed bullets forever ought to get their attention. I think I'll send them an e-mail too. 8)

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
Re: Hornady Rep.

I keep three or four boxes of those 220's on hand all the time, and buy more when I see them. If that means I caused the shortage, well, my apologies. I like having my favorite bullets on hand, and will spend what I have to...............within reason. 8)

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
Good theory, except that gummies for leverguns have special velocity restrictions. You wouldn't want to use a gummy-tipped .308 or .300 WM bullet in your 30-30, the jacket and core would be far too stiff to expand at the lower velocities. Maybe someone could use the Nosler system, instead of different colored polymer tips for different calibers, they could have different colors for different velocity ranges! ;D ??? ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.