Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the hard plastic tip out with pliers from an SST 225 gr and did the same with the FTX and swapped them. It fit perfectly, and now it's safe in a lever tube mag. Has anyone done this with the 185gr GMX or the interbond? Has anyone thought of this at all?. The topless FTX, can be used at the range for shooting paper. Just doing some experimentation and doing what I'm good at, that's figuring things out and annoying others.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
May work just fine, let us know how it shoots

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hornady SST 2000fps min.
Nosler accubond 1800fps min.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
Wow, evidently you guys have way too much time on your hands if you sit around pulling the tips out of bullets with pliers. :eek: I see no good coming from that. ???

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Halwg said:
Wow, evidently you guys have way too much time on your hands if you sit around pulling the tips out of bullets with pliers. :eek: I see no good coming from that. ???
Hal, why are you always so damn grumpy? Deer season is only 5 months out, chill. ;)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Oh Hog wash! What could go Wrong? ;D We will let Him test His theory, just might be the ticket to a good 338 ME mono flex.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
ihunter338 said:
Hal, why are you always so damn grumpy? Deer season is only 5 months out, chill. ;)
I'm going to be 60, I've earned the right to be grumpy! ;D Just ask my wife!

Actually I'm trying to beat out PJ for Curmudgeon of the Year! ;D

·
Registered
846 Posts
Curmudgeon? I'm in My 50s and have never heard that word! ??? I'll have to google it. Learn something new here everyday :)

EDIT/a bad-tempered, difficult, cantankerous person. I can't wait to become Curmudgeon ;D thank Hal I have a new goal in life!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts