Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of our local gun shops has had it on order for some time. I've been checking occasionally to see if they've received it. I called the other day and when he checked he said it looked like it might be in this coming week. I'm not going to hold my breath on it, but I will be calling him each day this week.:eating:

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Well, I've been looking for some for a while since picking up a 444... so hope the rumor is true.

Reactions: mt_sourdough

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
That would be great! Even though I passed on buying both a 444 and a 450 Marlin some time ago because of a lack of factory ammo, Hornady usually comes through. When I got my hands on a nice JM 35 REM, the first thing I said to the seller was that if I couldn't get ammo, it would just be a door stop. A Gun Dealer about a block away from where we were working a deal had Hornady 35 REM 200 Grain in stock and in quantity.

Both the 444 and 450 Marlin are great calibers. Its good that Hornady is coming through again!

Cheers!

Mike T.

·
Banned
4,733 Posts
They stopped making it for a few years, I'm glad to see it coming back, I'm getting low. Its a darn good round, I like it better than the Leverevolution.

I have never seen the lack of 444 ammo of some flavor.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Must not be popular in these parts?, the LGS has had three boxes of the Superformance on the shelf all thru this crap and one box of Remington, and just today I saw 18 boxes of the Remington on the shelf at Dick's.

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
I have a few boxes left, but would definitely like to get my hands on more. Hope this is true, and we see it soon.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Since Remington is producing Marlins again, it would be hard to explain why they aren't producing ammo for them. After all, they didn't have to retool the ammunition plant...Dicks, is that the place that makes those tight hatbands I keep hearing about?:ahhhhh:.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Great news. I think I'll stock up on a couple boxes so I have some on the shelf.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Mr. Potterfield's business website now shows an "expected by" date of 10/24. That means Hornady should be kicking them out sometime in October.
Great news!

...But just my luck.
I expect to be hunting (without even text-message-quality cell service) from October 2nd through October 15th, and only returning home for a day or two at a time through mid-November (or until the tags are filled). :vollkommenauf:

Perhaps I should set my wife up with an email alert, desktop shortcut to the item, maximum reasonable price, and tell her to buy as much as she can with XXX amount of cash.... :hmmmm:

Or, I can keep on waiting, like I have been already, and wait for the price to drop after 2-6 weeks, if they still have any in stock. . . .

·
Registered
134 Posts
I really hope that this is true.
But I was in contact with Hornady's sales folks last week and they said there are currently no plans to produce that product number in the near future.
As a group we should all email Hornady and express our belief that they need to produce this cartridge again and soon.

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
I really hope that this is true.
But I was in contact with Hornady's sales folks last week and they said there are currently no plans to produce that product number in the near future.
As a group we should all email Hornady and express our belief that they need to produce this cartridge again and soon.
even tho i reload, i would say yes!!! 444 cartridges need luvin too!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry guys, false alarm. I called yesterday and talked to the guy at the store. Turns out it's lever evolution ammo they have coming in. I told him when I called the other day I asked about the Superformance ammo, he said he had the two confused. He said the 265 Superformance is still on back order.

Well *#@%!!

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
MidwayUSA has the Buffalo Bore On sale, but it's still $10 more than the Superperformance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts