Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys got a couple of boxes of Hornady 265 interlocks that ive had for a while, what is your favorite combo for this bullet. mine shoots the 265 FTX really well
but i wanted to try the interlock. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
25,671 Posts
I use 47 gr of H4198 with the Hornady Interlock--very accurate combo in two of my Triple-4s. I prefer them to the FTXs---they have a tendancy to hold up better (not fragment inside the animal) when used on heavier game.

·
Registered
10,764 Posts
I use 47 gr of H4198 with the Hornady Interlock--very accurate combo in two of my Triple-4s. I prefer them to the FTXs---they have a tendancy to hold up better (not fragment inside the animal) when used on heavier game.
The FTX's do put the smack down on them, but in my experience they do a excessive amount of meat damage also.
I have 5+ boxes of those in 35 Rem. that I've had for 6 or 7 yrs. now, just saving them incase I ever need more brass.

RP

·
Super Moderator
16,214 Posts
That is the recipe that I use also, very accurate in my two MG™ 444 rifles.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have been using the H-4198 in my 444 and have been pleased with it. But, was able to obtain 2 lbs of "Vitavhouri" N-130 so I snatched it up. I have never used it yet but would like to hear from someone who has used it in 444. Sorry to throw the conversation in a different direction.

Reactions: Ret_Eng

·
Super Moderator
25,671 Posts
I have been using the H-4198 in my 444 and have been pleased with it. But, was able to obtain 2 lbs of "Vitavhouri" N-130 so I snatched it up. I have never used it yet but would like to hear from someone who has used it in 444. Sorry to throw the conversation in a different direction.
I use VV N-140 in my 308MX and my Savage Mod 99s in 300 Savage. Took a doe using that powder with my 308MX during our early doe season in Sept. The VV powders are very consistent and meter really well. Since VV N-130 burns roughly in the same range as H4198--it should work in your Triple-4.

·
Registered
179 Posts
For me, the top end loads with the 265gn Hornady bullet & Vitavhouri N130 powder was as per the data above 2400fps, I had the odd sticky eject in my rifle.
I settled on Load #7, an accurate node @51.5gn N130 for chrono average of 2282fps, chrono 5yds in front of rifle.
The top end Vitavhouri loads listed in above are 'Compressed', my numbers greatly improved when I used a 20" powder drop tube to get even compression thru powder charge.

Reactions: burzynsr
1 - 15 of 15 Posts