Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a short chrongraph session with some Hornady 250gr RN and RL15 yesterday.
I was getting 2144fps average with 44gr of RL15 and I was getting 2211 using 45gr. Cases ejected fine with no stickiness.
I had shot some 44.5gr loads before but didn't chronograph them at the time but I think they may be more accurate.
I only shot 5 of each as I had limited time but looks like the velocity is right with the Remington loads. They impact a good deal lower than factory 200ge loads but shoot well and are considerably cheaper to assemble. Should be perfect for the 200 yard maximum range that I shoot at around my hunting blinds. Most shots are considerably closer.

·
Registered
723 Posts
What was the OAL with the 250's? What group size were you getting? Keep us posted! I am ordering a couple of boxes of the 250's and plan to load some in a couple of weeks.

Gary

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was getting 1.5" 3-shot groups and overall length was 2.575"
I had tried 2.585" but I was getting a ring on the bullet at that length after chambering so I backed it off. It might work with 2.580" .

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
22" barrel, Winchester LR primer, bright and sunny and around 88 degrees F, wind was blowing some but less than 5mph.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Thanks!
Thats the velocity range I was looking/hoping for with the .338ME.
Mine too, is a 22" MX.
I'll let you know what I get....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts