Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the new Hornady Lever Evolution 200 gr. bullets in 35 Rem. available for purchase for reloading? If not , does anyone know if and when they will be? (Just the bullets...not complete cartridges)

Thanks, Dave

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Not yet, but I did see one post that suggested they may be next year after all the calibers they are making are out.

G

·
I read the same thing as Sure Shot . However I called them about the bullets they load for the 460 S&W about the middle of last year and there response to me was the same . Meaning the bullets they use in those rounds should be available about know, but they aren't.
It's almost as if they have forgotten what got them where they are . I understand there are more shooters that do not reload than do . But you still need to look after what got you to this point as well .

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
One thing to think about is the fact that they do not make just one bullet. They set up the machines to run a given lot of bullets, then do the same for all the types of bullets that they sell. Right now the demand for the loaded leverevolution is taking everything they produce for those bullets. It is just like trying to get ammo for the 17 HMR when it came out. Several factories were pumping out 17 HMR as fast as they could but the demand was more then they could produce at first. Now days getting 17 HMR is no problem. You can bet that Hornady has not forgotten and is not trying to ignore the hand loader. I have talked to them a couple times about the bullets being available for the handloader but right now the demand is greater than the supply. The supply will catch up.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Guys,
Hornady spent a lot of money on research and testing on the leverevolution rounds. I think we need to allow them to make a little money on the project before we start reloading and undercutting the price of rounds. We don't need to lose and manufacture of ammunition. Midsouthern has the 30-30 round for 13.95 a box of 20 which in my opinion is a pretty good price. Anyway thats my opinion.

fknipfer

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I think the new Hornady shells are a good buy. You get top notch product at a good price. My .35 Rem were $15.99 at our local store. Only a buck or so more than Remington's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts