Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 30-30 made in 1955, this gun is excellent condition except the bullseye is missing. Pawn shop wants $199.00 for this gun. As soon as I get off work were going to wheel and deal on this one.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Marlin has the bullseye pieces as a repair part. They're easy to put in with clear epoxy, and then it will be 100%! Good luck!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Someone on the old board, I forget, had a running thread on the refinishing of his Marlin.......the finish remover melted his bullseye and he put a piece of white maple dowl in the hole, then drilled a hole in the middle of that and put in a piece of black dowl......really pretty!! He had his checkered portion stained a little darker, as well....nice!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hope you get It!! I can't stand the idea of a great deal sitting on the shelf.. even more so a marlin pre safety. I found a 30/30 for my friend for christmas .$200 scoped dead zero at 100 yards, sling and all. I should have kept it and given him one of my .35's as I've yet to find a 30/30 on the cheep for myself. 1955! she'll be all slicked up and waiting to be loved again!
cw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts