Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a 336 35 cal for quite a while, and always wanted to change it to a straight stock set-up. Bought a 30-30 a while back with a straight stock, and both have ser #'s on the top tang so I read about the change in the gunsmithing section.....and commenced. (I had never done this before) Take everything apart slow and easy and watch to see how everything goes. Ya know that little clip behind the hammer spring? It's magic. Ain't no way in the world it could wind up where it did, but after 30 - 40 minutes I found it right where it couldn't go. ::) Took the second one apart, makin %#*&@^& sure to hold onto that clip! Started puttin the first one back together and couldn't get that blasted clip back in there. Finally figured out I needed to put the lever in and close the bolt and let the hammer forward. Didn't take near as long to put the second one together. :p Now I have a 35 Texan for me, and a pistol grip 30-30 to put up for a brand new grandkid that is on the way. ;D

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
That's hard work -- keeping track of all those little pieces and which one goes where. And you didn't end up with anything left over. Glad that worked out for you. :D

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Where's the before/after pics? ;)

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kingstrider said:
+1, pics or it didn't happen 8)
:-[ Well I reckon it didn't happen then.

The Missus is tryin to learn how to load pichers, maybe someday she can teach this ol hillbilly how. ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts