Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The game commission says they're here . What I want to know is has anyone seen them or shot one :questionmark: If you did where :questionmark: Seem like something I may like to try .We have caged hog hunts in Tioga for around 600 bucks seems a little steep to me .While the rest of the country is trying to erase their existence with no end in sight :biggrin:

·
Registered
435 Posts
don't want em to get established there. They can ruin your deer hunting in a given area.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Northwoodsbear:
I haven’t seen or heard of any hogs over here in Sullivan County. Just them dang coyotes that are raising H with the deer herd! Even though the game department won’t admit it, we have had sightings of Cougars here around the GM#13 area.
Coyote

·
Banned
382 Posts
If they aint all over the place don't curse yourself by wishing they were. Fun to hunt for sport does downhill real fast when your hunting for protection of land.

Not sure what it is with cougars and game and fish. We had gotten pics of them on game cameras and still told we seeing things. I've seen what 'yotes do to deer. Aint any **** I've ever killed left a full size deer 15 feet up a tree.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Coyote ,
They have listed the mountain as extincted in PA ,They also claim the last reported kill was in 1875 I believe . I haven't heard of any road kills or dead ones found anywhere.A friend of mine says he has a friend that got one on a game cam,but I haven't seen it.I'd be willing to go shoot some coyotes ,but they re not responding to my caller.I'm over in Monroe county.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Northwoodsbear,
I am at the South border of Sullivan County where Lycoming and Columbia Counties meet. So you are close enough that if you turn up the volume on your caller, you can entice the coyotes at my place to hotfoot it over to Monroe County for you to shoot.:biggrin:
I have been seeing them but haven’t got a shot at them yet:(
Coyote

·
Registered
496 Posts
there is claimed to be some in game lands 296 in warren center bradford co.There is a hunting preserve very close by in NY that they escaped from,I've seen Rams in a field one time but I heard the farmer dont want them shot.A friend of mine lives up that way and he said he heard or 1 being shot in deer season. I go for walks "pig hunting" but have never seen one,I did find some old routed up areas.I'm in lower bradford co.if you guys want to go on a wild goose,I mean pig hunt let me know.Ed

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Hound-1
I will keep that invitation in mind and will let you and Northwoodsbear know if I get any information on hogs in State Gamelands 13 and we will get a hunt going.:driver:
Coyote (Jack)

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Now if'n you fellers get this goose i mean Pig hunt goin, let Ol'BG4570 know, he would like to come meet y'all.
Hey Hound, now dont you ferget! :biggrin:

Thnx
Blood

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
there is claimed to be some in game lands 296 in warren center bradford co.There is a hunting preserve very close by in NY that they escaped from,I've seen Rams in a field one time but I heard the farmer dont want them shot.A friend of mine lives up that way and he said he heard or 1 being shot in deer season. I go for walks "pig hunting" but have never seen one,I did find some old routed up areas.I'm in lower bradford co.if you guys want to go on a wild goose,I mean pig hunt let me know.Ed
I remember readin about this Ed, thought about goin up there and pokin round a little bit...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm game for this too ,I doubt they'll be makin their way up to my neck of the woods ,but I love me some pork chops. keep me posted.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Count me in too!!!
Jack

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Hound-1
I will keep that invitation in mind and will let you and Northwoodsbear know if I get any information on hogs in State Gamelands 13 and we will get a hunt going.:driver:
Coyote (Jack)
BloodGrove 4570 - Hey Ray,I got you on the invite list!!
Jack

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Bedford County has wild hogs, we've seen their tracks and observed overturned sod. Much erosion damage from these rascals. Contact the local Warden for more details.

I've hunted at Tioga Preserve and had a great time with my friends. But we killed feral hogs that were trucked in from Florida. Not the wild boar that they advertise.

TR

1 - 20 of 35 Posts