Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure hate what the river is doing to people along the Mississippi. Just wondering if anyone is thinking about killing hogs pushed out by
high water. I know some of you going to be to busy but I was curious.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
A classmate of mine did exactly that a little over a month ago when the river flooded the first time this year. He and a few buddies went out in a boat along the levee here in Arkansas and had a ball, getting seven hogs in two days. I begged him to take me with the next time he goes out, hopefully he will. Unfortunately class is over for the year and I don't see him anymore. :mad:
GH1 :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here in Florida hunting like the above would not work unless you or you had permission to hunt the property. There is a regulation in Florida that States "Shooting or propelling potentially lethal projectiles over or across private land without authorization in order to take game is considered criminal trespassing and is a felony." The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission does enforce this regulation.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JTN-10 are you saying you need written permission on private land. 2nd you can't use a motorized vehicle to shoot from if vehicle is not moving from effects of motor.3rd are hogs considered a game animal or a vermin. In Oregon I can hunt rabbits,sage rats and coyotes from a moving vehicle day or night with written permission from a land owner as long as I'm on his property and not a BLM,county or state rd going through his property.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes you need written permission for the landowner. 2 You can shoot from a vehicle like a boat if it is drifting. 3 Pigs and wild hogs are concerned live stock in Florida. So If they are on my property, then they belong to me.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still do-able if you know someone with high ground. thanks :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts