Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Hog hunting with the kid

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  rocky1 
#1 ·
I thought of a hog hunt with my 17 y.o. son as a great adventure and maybe it will happen once this whole pandemic gets under control. This summer or fall perhaps? Texas must be the best place to do it, but maybe Oklahoma or Arkansas might fit the bill. I have done some deer hunting, but never have paid an outfitter to hunt hogs. Where are some solid places to take a new hunter and give him a great experience? Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ·
Never hunted hogs in Texas, but we've got some decent hog hunting around the central/northern Florida with quite a few outfitters/guides! Might help to know what state your from so others in the state/area can chime in!

Reactions: cajun56 and kobeinu
#4 · (Edited)
My friends and I have been going here on an annual hog hunt since 2009. Several of the photos in the first link below (18) here are some of the largest hogs taken by us on our hunts. They stay booked, so be sure to give them a call well in advance.

And a few handy pics I had here on my phone.

Woods N Water

Georgia GA Wild Boar Hunting Adventure | Woods N Water|Woods N Water

Plant Working animal Hunting Smile Tree
Plant Hunting Deer hunting Hat Sky
Plant Smile Wood Fawn Tree
Tree Jacket Hat Military camouflage Cargo pants
Hunting Working animal Carnivore Sunglasses Grass
Hunting Water Working animal Plant Grass
Hunting Sky Deer hunting Trophy hunting Plant
Trophy hunting Plant Hunting Deer hunting Sky
Vertebrate Mammal Fawn Smile Recreation

#5 ·
I am in Maryland, so Texas would be a long drive. Georgia would be much closer. Is that a ranch or high fence hunt? Florida would also be a good drive as well.

#6 ·
Georgia place is free ranging hogs, hunted over or near bait.

#10 ·
I just arrived at my vacation home in SC. My first night here and I am roused from a peaceful sleep by a sounder of hogs 30 yards away.
My place is surrounded by thousands of acres of woodlands with no other homes nearby. I could not make out any shapes in the dark, but if I could of, I would have shot as many as possible.
Look around northern Georgia and South Carolina. It’s much closer to Maryland, than Florida or Texas.
Andrew

#11 ·
Handgun range is easily doable. My stand behind the house was designed with bow hunting/hand gun hunting in mind, and the corn pile is a 15 yard shot. Have a ladder stand on the back fence over trail on the edge of the field where you have to be careful not to shoot your toes off when the hogs come in under you. Last one I shot out of that stand, in the dark, it was further up than it was out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.