Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all never been hog hunting or any kind of hunting for that matter. But it just looks like a good time and I want to find out more. I'm looking for some info on hog hunting in Southern California, I'm specifically in San Diego. Looking for any and all I information...
feel free to send me a link or whatever.

·
Registered
93 Posts
All I can say is good luck...

Nearly all the pigs have taken up residence on either private property, or areas that are off limits to hunting (upper end of El Capitan lake for example).

There are a few out there though who have put in years of searching, scouting and planning to find little pockets of huntable land containing pigs, and do take them. I've talked to a few at the range occasionally and have seen the pictures, but understandably they are very protective of their finds.

Pig hunting in California is a crock anyway if you ask me - on one hand the state complains about the destructive pigs and they need to be controlled, then on the other hand they charge you over and above an expensive hunting license for "pig tags" and shut state owned lands to hunting them.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
It's California.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts