Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from OH, a couple of us were talking about trying a hog hunt in the future.

Any suggestions on a place in KY or TN?

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
I've been to Caryonah in Crossville TN, and that was a really good hunt, guides ect. I'll be going back this fall. You'll do a LOT of walking, and stalking there.

It looks like the prices are on the rise though...

·
Registered
787 Posts
You didn't say free range, or a hunting preserve. If you really want a hog, some of the preserves in TN., are your best bet. My son and I went to Wilderness Hunting Lodge, last March, outside of Monterey, TN. Alan Wilson runs a good hunt there. Great lodging, good food, friendly staff, and a lot of hogs that have the "russian" look. Here is a few pics.

Mad Dog

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check these two out. Keep the suggestions coming.

Mad Dog, those two in the pictures are BIG.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I highly recommend www.croyscabins.com in Tennessee. We drove down there from Northern Illinois just three months ago in December and had a truly wonderful experience. Super nice people who really know what they're doing.

See my thread here with a ton of pics showing the property, the lodge, the accomodations, the bed and breakfast food, and - of course - the wild boar:

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,81213.0.html

They had the best pricing too after I did hours of internet research....

-Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks mm6mm6. Funny, I read your post last night. Looks like a great place. Be about 8hrs from central OH, but it looks like it would be a good place to go.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you haven't decided on where to go hunting yet, you may want to consider Loshbough Hunting Lodge, Crossville, Tn.

http://loshbough.com/

Great people, great guide (Tommy) and over 500 acres of rolling Tennessee hills. Just got back last week and my Wife shot this nice 200# full-blooded Russian Boar with one shot to the heart out of her Marlin 30-30 using Hornady LeveRevolution 160Gr ammo.

·
Registered
992 Posts
What kind of prices are we talking at crossville?I am about 3 hours from crossville.Will the guides dress and process your meat like a guided hunt? Also what kind of shots could I expect yardage wise?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts