Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought that might get somebodies attention.
I live down in South Florida and myself and afew others were thinking about putting on Hog Hunt around Lake Okeechobee for Marlin people only. We can get pricing and lodging and all spec's. Hogs are plentiful!
I didn't know where to post this gesture so here it is anyway. Can hunt 30 guys at a time in stands by feeders. Can leave your e-mail and I'll get back to you. A date hasn't been set yet. How many of you might want to give it a try?The pricing is good.

Regards, SpikeMaster49.....Wayne

·
Registered
579 Posts
My son and I would like to go. Thanks moodyholler

·
Registered
926 Posts
Fl Hog Hunt

My son and I would be interested. I am in Cocoa about 2 hours N of Okechobee. Please put me on your contact list and send details as you can.
Thanks, Joe
[email protected]

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BACK TO TOP OF PAGE
:D 8) :lol: :D 8) :lol: :D 8) :lol: :D 8) :lol:
SpikeMaster49,Hollywood,FL.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Uh Oh,

Jake is now hoplessly hooked on hogs. Strange, but Florida seems interesting to me also. :wink:

Dave 8)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
VTDW said:
Uh Oh,

Jake is now hoplessly hooked on hogs. Strange, but Florida seems interesting to me also. :wink:

Dave 8)
Your fault, and Dan and I are hopelessly hooked....Jake

·
Registered
696 Posts
SpikeMaster49 . . .

Man, I'd like to know the specifics also! I'm just an hour away in the Fty Myers area and want to go really bad, man!

How much, where and when ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I'd love to take out some of my frustration on hawgs, FL style ! ! ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[email protected]

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey HOG HUNTERS-----

I will be entering more about hunt tonight as the guide is supposedly sending a paper with the spec's all spelled out. Also a web page to see his operation. If you send me your e-mail I can forward everything on to you. So far we have about 18 guys interested in hunt. The guy can handle up to 30 hunters. If we have 20 hunters the place is our private hunt for the week-end with big (Wild Hog Bar-b-que) one night for us.
Will post infomation tonight.

SpikeMaster49

:D 8) :lol: :D 8) :lol: :D 8) :lol:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fl Hog Hunt**** UPDATE***

The hunt is scheduled for November 12th and 13th (Sat and Sun). TO SECURE YOUR SPOT, CONTACT JASON PEARCE AT 863-634-3959 AND SAY YOU ARE WITH THE MARLIN HOG HUNT GROUP WITH SpikeMaster49/Wayne by October 29th and you will have to send the $275.00 to Jason.

Jason says he has a 90% success rate with stand hunting close to a feeder and he has 1600 acres of land. If you would like to look at the website, the address is: www.INDIANPRAIRIEOUTFITTERS.COM.

If you DO NOT get a hog or a shot at a hog, you will only be charged $100 a day sit fee.

If you have questions or comments for me, you can contact me directly at [email protected] (SpikeMaster49).

Price for meat hog - weight not relevant- tusks up to 2" = $275.00. NON HUNTER fee negotiable. You will have to speak to Jason.

Trophy Boar = 2" tusk and larger = additional $150.00

$100 a day guide fees have been WAIVED!

A noon time BBQ and drinks either Sat or Sun is included for all participating hunters.

Motel arrangements have to be made ahead of time. Cost of $55.00 per night includes (2) queen size beds per room. Motel is: Peir II. Phone # is:
863-763-2983. YOU MUST make your own reservations.

Taxidermy available. You can hunt with any type of weapon- nothing smaller than a 243 cal. rifle or 357 handgun.

Would like to make this hunt an ALL MARLIN or BALLARD weapon hunt.

Each hunter will be responsible for tips.

Second hog at a lower fee.

Skeet range available Sun afternoon if desired at cost of $40.00 for 12 stations/ Bring your own shotgun and shells (100 round course).

SpikeMaster49

:D 8) :lol: :D 8) :lol: :D 8) :lol:

[/u]

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Hey Spikemaster! Wish I wasn't on the far end of the United States! I'd love to come hunt with you! Long ways to haul guns and pigs each way, especially with a heavy old Ballard! :wink:
Good luck on your hunt!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Vall, Come on down. I have a trained Marlin that I'll show you how to use if you want. You pick the cal. and you can borrow it to smack a pigley in his little wiggly..........SpikeMaster49

:D 8) :D 8) :lol: :D 8) :lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Definitely going to try to make at least the Sunday on this hunt. I have not called Jason yet but will later this month.

Sounds like a blast! Can't decide whether to use .38-40, .38-55 or .30-30 on those piggies........
-Stone

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Glad to hear it Stone Fence ! I think any of the above will smack a Piglet pretty darn hard. I would like to see a Hog that is Gray&Red colored with 2" teeth. Now that I have my own hunting room I can get a hog mount. MaMa always said they are pretty ugly to look at.
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Who else are interested in a pig from the Marlin Site fellows?I thought we might be talking like 40 guys.

SpikeMaster49 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Spikemaster, appologies, won't be able to make her that weekend, have a Levergun get togeather in Indianna on the 12th, but please keep me in mind in the future, dearly love huntin' those rascals....Jake

1 - 20 of 34 Posts