Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed last eve that it was very difficult to see my arrow in flight or make contact when target shooting. I could see my peep and the target just fine but as soon as my arrow left the string it vanished. I hear it hit just can't see it impact.
Are the lighted or high visibility nocks worth while? Do they change flight trajectory? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
I tried Luminocks for target shooting and was rather disappointed. I could see how they would help in a hunting situation, but for target use, they didnt seem to like the repeated impact.
I have tried numerous fletching and vanes in various colors, and found that hot pink was the easiest to catch a glimpse of in flight. My bow only flings the arrows up to 265 FPS and at that speed it's hard to see flight in under 30 yards.
Andrew

Reactions: lever30

·
Registered
257 Posts
I use lighted nocks with no problems. They do add weight to your arrow so be sure to sight in with them. It’s neat watching that light zip along and disappear for a split second as it goes through a deer. Helps in locating arrow when you have a pass through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
I noticed last eve that it was very difficult to see my arrow in flight or make contact when target shooting. I could see my peep and the target just fine but as soon as my arrow left the string it vanished. I hear it hit just can't see it impact.
Are the lighted or high visibility nocks worth while? Do they change flight trajectory? Thanks in advance!
Get the nockturnals, they work really good. They are much better than lumenok and will be very easy to see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts