Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been "gone" for awhile....been lurking over in the military surplus forums. I also had a moment of weakness and bought a RIA 45 auto....now it won't get me a "million round" button(haha!) but it shore is nice! i have been shooting off hand, and staying in the black for the most part! with a little encouragement for one person here.......i have shrunk my groups, and started a reloading frenzy. the out-of-the-box pistol can make raggy 8 shots groups at 25yds! i'm hooked...
as for some russian, and yugo rifles, these babies are cheap and i have gotten great joy seeing them shoot 1-1/2" groups at 100yds...all for 60-70 bucks!!!
but, don't fret, i still have my marlins, the 1893 will be out soon, i got another shipment of the custom .378" bullets from our florida friend, and it is begging too be out of the safe and shooting again :wink:
I'm happy to see the mm93 magnet is still strong....ANOTHER shutzen buttplate 1881!!!! call up track of the wolf......item#BP-Sch-50-B FOR $20.95 should get you the ends your looking for!
i haven't anything else to add, no gun shows here lately in the nashville area, and i didn't see anything at the last visit to mom in kentucky.......no news to report, my magnet is dead i guess :cry:
or the wife replaced it with a non-working duplicate!

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Hello Sven! Or should we call you Mr. Cooper, now that you're a 1911 style man? Seems you have been able to wring out some very nice groups, from some economically priced firearms! That's great, and it means more shooting for less bucks!
Keep posting!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Kaintuck,

Have you been lurking at Gunboards? Lotsa good information there - I have the pre-1900 milsurp bug pretty bad. I'm thinking about a 7.5X55 Swiss, too. SW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts