Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 336ss. It really is a beautiful rifle, but I'm worried that it has some flaws that will need tending to under the factory warranty. For starters, I can tell that the sights are not lined up properly, possible a barrel off center? Then I noticed some pretty big gaps where the stock meets the tang. The tang is probably a sixteenth of an inch away from where it should meet the stock. Then I noticed that the magazine tube is off center, it seems to rest on the left side of the fore stock, but it has a big gap on the right side. The rifle does not seem to cycle very easily either, I have cleaned it and cycled the action probably 50 times, but I haven't seen much improvement. I haven't had a chance to put any rounds through it yet to make sure everything else is in proper order, but I plan on doing that this weekend. I'd appreciate some feedback on what should be expected of the quality of this rifle, and if a warranty claim is worthwhile. I'll try to post some pictures as soon as I get a chance! Thanks Guys!

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! Sorry you've got a problem -- any chance of getting seller to take it back? Good luck in your quest! John

Reactions: ditto1958 and salty

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome, sounds like you should have joined before you bought the rifle, good luck.

Reactions: salty

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country.
A great place for friends to gather around the campfire and visit

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately I do not believe the dealer will ship it back for me since it was already transferred to my name. I could be wrong though. I learned my lesson the hard way, never buy a rifle without looking at it first. Actually it was a good learning experience for me

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
It may be to late since you've screwed with it ( I have cleaned it and cycled the action probably 50 times) but since you haven't fired it you may be able to return it with so many problems. You might also call Remlin and see what they'll do for you under warranty.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Welcome from Long Island farm country, I feel your pain, happy shootin'. Cheers:beerglass:

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
I just bought a new 336ss. It really is a beautiful rifle, but I'm worried that it has some flaws that will need tending to under the factory warranty. For starters, I can tell that the sights are not lined up properly, possible a barrel off center? Then I noticed some pretty big gaps where the stock meets the tang. The tang is probably a sixteenth of an inch away from where it should meet the stock. Then I noticed that the magazine tube is off center, it seems to rest on the left side of the fore stock, but it has a big gap on the right side. The rifle does not seem to cycle very easily either, I have cleaned it and cycled the action probably 50 times, but I haven't seen much improvement. I haven't had a chance to put any rounds through it yet to make sure everything else is in proper order, but I plan on doing that this weekend. I'd appreciate some feedback on what should be expected of the quality of this rifle, and if a warranty claim is worthwhile. I'll try to post some pictures as soon as I get a chance! Thanks Guys!
At this stage of the Freedom Group owing Marlin and Remington, it is a shame that folks like you are still getting poor quality firearms. You need to call the dealer and tell him the rifle is junk and you want to return it. If he says no, call your state Attorney General and file a complaint. There are "fitness of use" laws that are similar to car Lemon Laws. You sir, got a lemon. If you sit back and do nothing, you will be the one paying for Remington's poor quality.

Mike T.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I feel like it's my fault that I didn't check the rifle first, but then I feel that a rifle like that shouldn't have made it out of the factory.

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York.

I would go back to the dealer

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!! Sorry to hear about your problems. I would take it back to your dealer.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Spend a little time over in the RANT FORUM. I'd call Remlin though 100%. They should just replace it. Oh and welcome to MO! This is one of the greatest forums that exist.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts