Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Hi, I am David and I am a Marlin addict !!

2K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  jeepman525 
#1 ·
Damn it ! I did it again ... I came across a homeless Marlin through someone on this site and when i saw how sad it looked, i bought it and now I have to explain to the Minister for War and Finance why the Police are sending me yet ANOTHER Permit to Acquire..... and how this one differs from the ones in the 2 gun safes in the Garage !:flute:

She has heard all the excuses before - so last night i just said " I had to buy this poor lonely Leveraction that is stuck out on a farm in the middle of nowhere and has no friends to play with!"

Mind you, I waited till she was engrossed in her favourite Soap opera TV show so the fall out was not as harsh as i was expecting !

Anyway its a straight stocked Marlin 45-70 with squarish loop , 21 inch barrel, hammer with an all in one spur (or thats what it looks like in the photo) and a serial # starting 22036... looks like maybe a 5+1 magazine length ? Checkering on Foregrip ....

My guess would be a Mod 1895 something or other.... ? Anybody recognise some of these traits ?:hmmmm:

I am gonna tear her down and re-blue as well as sand and Tung oil the woodwork as a project......:biggrin:

See less See more
#9 ·
Ok, not too sure if this will work but here a few photos' It is the Marlin without the peep sight... Can anyone help out with the model / year ? Serial # 22036...
Gun Ski Air gun
Gun Firearm Trigger Shotgun Air gun
Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Air gun

Reactions: msharley
#10 ·
Hello David I am a addict too. Man I do need a cure as all addicts do. However like you and myself I do hope one is not available for what ales us Marlin Addicts. Charge on my friend charge on. Great Pictures David. She is a beauty. Can't wait to see the end product.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

Reactions: Magnum6
#14 ·
Hey Dave, It's a 1978 built model 1895 I reckon. The spur looks like the one Marlin used to supply with their rifles.

Cheers,
Mark.

P.S. The checkering on the forearm isn't original.

Reactions: leverlad
#15 ·
Thanks Mark.... Yeah thats kinda what i was thinking - i looked on the Serial number post and saw the serial numbers starting with 22 said 1978 - glad someone confirmed it for me. Should be well worked in by now - just hope she shoots true.... gonna be a big surprise for the Goondiwindi Pigs soon!

#16 ·
Hi Jack.... The garage was built for the 2 motorbikes and the small boat & outboard and the reloading bench and the tools and the etc etc etc ... the cars still stand out in the rain ! :) haha !
Also, my wife doesn't like the smell of petrol so if there is anything to hide I just leave the lid off the petrol tank of the lawn mower and she wont venture anywhere near the garage !! :flute:

#19 ·
we, the addicts of the shoulder mounted light artillery, do solemnly swear, to aid and enable the acquisition of and / or reloading of any and all 45-70s and their appropriate cartridges and sundry other gear and consumables.... congrats on saving another lonely orphan!:congrats: well done, she's a looker and should be a true beauty once you are done!
kurtis

#22 ·
You guys are great crazy but great. I was having a bad day before running into this thread. I have learned to use the forgetful method "Honey I have had that gun for a long time. You just forgot about it. It seems to work best if I have just promised her a trip to the fabric store. She is a Quilter.Which is worse than a Marlin addict. I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.