Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know anything about guns because I'm too much of a girl for that stuff but I like to cook. For the last month I've been making a lot of pies and was wondering what kind y'all like around here. My friend Alaskan, who sent me over here, likes blackberry/honey pie best though he won't actually tell me that.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Pumkpin
Pecan
Anything except mincemeat or blueberry.

Pot Pies are good, too. Welcome aboard, RB.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Blackberry
pecan
banana cream, and unlike TTT, I kinda like minced meat, with a good rum hard sauce on top...Jake :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Don't let Jake fool ya,

He likes to drink the Rum sauce. That is what he really carries in that insulated mug I have seen in the pics.

Dave 8)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I only like 2 kinds of pie---HOT & COLD. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Speaking of rum sauce, do any of you have any good hangover cures? I normally don't overindulge but yesterday was my birthday and I was plied with liquor but 6 handsome men, one of whom I used to be engaged, to but came to my senses. Now I officially hate him because he got me drunk and I feel pretty terrible today.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought the **** hat was for my birthday, now I've got to give you pie and rum sauce for it?

Sure, anytime, but Jake has to give me his recipe first.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Mrs. Jake is in Casper today, soon as she gets back I'll post the recipe, as for using it in coffee, hmmm, have to sperament with that...Jake

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK I made your pie but I'm still waiting for the rum sauce recipe...Jake's wife better hurry before I start making hot buttered rums...

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
She isn't back yet, but you need the following, and she says it's just a modified powder sugar frosting...
powdered sugar
butter...lots
vanilla
milk and dark rum. Two ways to serve it, as a heavy frosting, or thin with milk or RUM to a gravey consistancy, and pour on pie while hot...I'll get the proper ratios of the ingredients, when she gets in...I'm currently testing the rum...Jake

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, that sounds great, thank you. If she wants my peach pie recipe tell her I'll be happy to post it. Now I'll try to make that sauce before I drink up all of Alaskan's rum...or maybe I should wait till morning to make it.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Welcome RedBaroness...It's Great to have you here... By all means...Please make yourself at home. :D

Please Post any and all Recipes that you'd like to share, even if a similar recipe may already exist.... we're always glad to have fresh in-put and
new idea's.

You wouldn't happen to have a fry bread recipe or maybe even a Raspberry Cake Recipe...would you?...Thank You in advance. :D

Looking forward to seeing your recipes.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Uh, sorry about your rum, Dave, and now I've got to figure out how to turn the hot water on again.

I know I have a recipe for raspberry cake around somewhere ...

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Red,you are going to be just fine,hang in there,you and Jane are what we need.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The left...okay...maybe it's time to get out that marking pen after all.

Your rum...sorry, can I make it up to you somehow?

Teasing you...yeah...LOL

Here's a raspberry cake recipe I swiped off the 'net:

1 package white cake mix (2-Layer Size)

3 C. fresh raspberries

1 C. sugar

1 1/2 C. whipping cream (unwhipped)

Fresh whole Raspberries for garnish

Additional Cream (whipped) for garnish

Pre-heat the oven to 350°F degrees and lightly coat two 9-inch round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray and a light dusting of flour.

Prepare the white cake mix as directed on the package, making sure to reduce the amount of water you add to only 1 cup. Pour equal portions of the cake batter into each of the prepared cake pans.

Evenly distribute about 1 1/2 cups of the raspberries over the top of the cake batter. Sprinkle the raspberries with 1/2 cup of sugar, each.

Divide the whipping cream, and pour equal portions over the top of the raspberries on each cake. Bake for about 60 minutes.

Immediately invert both cakes onto serving plates when removing from the oven. Let cool, then garnish with freshly whipped cream and whole raspberries just prior to slicing and serving.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts