Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an old guy... married once and divorced once.... neither of which will happen again!

Correct me if I'm wrong yet my life's experience with women has shown me that a man should treat his lady with dignity and respect, gentleness and kindness, listen to what she has to say.................. then go do what ever he wants to do anyway because it is a lose/lose situation.

If the man doesn't do what he wants to do he ends up resentful. If he does what he wants he catches hell. Either way he ends up miserable.

Sooooooo..... remember the part I said about dignity and respect, gentleness and kindness, and listening to the lady.... that involves all the things that make a relationship work... like sharing the chores, remaining faithful to each other, and the other important things.... but as far as refusing to go to the opera, or going to the range instead of mowing the lawn, or that kind of stuff....... us guys might just as well go do what we wanted anyway since either way we lose.

A very wise man once told me................. if there are 9 men and 1 woman in a room, the men are outnumbered. Guys... believe it because ya just can't win.

:lol: :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh for Pete's sake................... the post above by "guest" is me... I had to reregister.... <sigh>..............

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:D Let me see if I've got this straight.....a man is in an ongoing relationship with a woman who sees this man as a partner, someone to love, take care of, cook and clean for, raise children with. But because she may not always agree with his choices this relationship is considered a "lose/lose" situation? Hmmm......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3Marlins said:
:D Let me see if I've got this straight.....a man is in an ongoing relationship with a woman who sees this man as a partner, someone to love, take care of, cook and clean for, raise children with. But because she may not always agree with his choices this relationship is considered a "lose/lose" situation? Hmmm......
Awwwwwwww shucks....... you missed the smiley faces I added to my post.... it was all in jest!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bikenut,

You can always buy 3Marlins a scope or binoculars for Christmas. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just in fun!!!!

Dave :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
ALL ARE NOT THE SAME...

Dear Bikenut,
I know you later posted that it was all in jest, but I think I detected
a ring of truth. It seems as if you have some pent up frustrations
re: your ex-wife. First let me say that all women are not the same,
just as all men are not. Marriage is a give-give relationship, meaning
both spouses have to learn that you can't always do everything that
you want to do whenever you want; but, you also have to remember
that you will not both enjoy all the same things, so you have to let
each other have space to enjoy the things they like; then you should
also do things together, even if it's not your favorite thing. Just being
with the person you love should make it more enjoyable. It's all a
compromise.

ANNABELLE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for answering Annabelle.....

Actually those pent up frustrations you referred to in regards to my ex aren't directed at my ex. I have great respect for her and wish her well in her new marriage. I think what you may have detected isn't really frustration but regret that the marriage didn't work out. We did have 2 wonderful sons together plus 5 grandkids now that we both love dearly and there were many good times too during the years. Both of those things, the kids and the good memories, I treasure. But I still wish we could have worked out our differences and stayed together. Hence, the regrets.

However, back to my original post ..... it really was intended as one of those silly men vs women.... or women vs men.... jokes that have been going around since Adam and Eve. I really just wanted to lighten things up and get a good laugh going. But, because I had to reregister I couldn't edit the original post to include the fact that I was only teasing and had to add that later...... which took away from the whole joke thing. Actually, had I been smart I'd have just not admitted to having made the original post so I wouldn't have all this egg on my face now!

:oops:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:D :D Bikenut, I realize your post was partially in jest and can certainly appreciate the humor to be found when people forge friendships and loving relationships with another. I have to admit, though, that you and I differ in one very obvious way......I don't subscribe to the sentiment that it is "man vs woman". I most fervently believe that men and women have wonderful differences that one should strive to understand and appreciate. I do become frustrated at my lack of understanding of the male mind, but I find their mysteries to be challenging, stimulating, and just plain fun! People are fascinating no matter what their gender.

P.S. I am sure many women would agree with me when I say that the most stimulating and sexually attractive man is the one that likes and appreciates women.

·
Banned
150 Posts
hi annabelle

Got to hand it to Anna and 3Marlins. Very wise. True.

Sure, I understand that men and women are different; that we may even "think" differently and that its fun to recognize and even have some fun in that. But so often it seems so mean spirited (not necessarily this one) on the part of both genders. I think that actually we are a lot more alike, than different, though most men won't go there. I choose and have for years to embrace our common turf, that is human, and also to embrace and seek to understand the differences that makes us, really, so appealing to each other.

Frankly, I find the women in my life nothing short of amazing, intriguing, interesting, stimulating and -- most of the time -- just far more compelling than most men I know. Maybe that's because they are. Maybe that's because I've learned to tune in and actually listen occassionally. Or, maybe its because there's a woman trapped inside me (not likely, but I ain't afraid to consider that possibility). It's probably true that we have a male and female side, but both men and women have difficulty letting those seemingly counter, but actually very natural, impulses thrive.

In the same way that I try to hear and understand the female heart and mind, I really like a woman who knows her way around the male world, which is to say "our" world. Contrary to the idea of 9 men being outnumbered by one women, the reality is that it is a male-dominated world. That fact alone, should be a big clue to men that they have a hell of a lot of understanding and balancing to do.

That women, like 3Marlins, will challenge us in forums like this, as well as on the range and in the field, is invigorating to me. And I must tell you that of all those I have met and corresponded with on this forum, she has been the richest, the wisest and most generous. She has taught me the most.

So, I guess, I should say thank you 3Marlins for being one hell of a woman. Keep us honest.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I still say that if there are 9 men and 1 woman in a room the men are outrumbered. First of all all 9 guys will be trying to impress the woman and the woman will be happily reveling in the attention. Secondly the one woman will be doling out cutesy poo advice to those guys and keeping all of them hanging on a string hoping they will be the one to take her home... all the while the woman has no intention of going anywhere with any one them.

Say what you will Annabelle, but the war between the sexes has been going on since Adam and Eve........... and we all know who got Adam to eat that apple!

Read what you want into this post. You can even say that I'm anti women. But you would be very wrong since, if you would read my origingal post closely you would note I mentioned things like "dignity", and "respect", "gentlness" and "kindness" and actutally "listening to what she has to say".

If I have any resentments now it is for this column wherein a joke as old as mankind itself can be misconstrued to mean all manner of things, includiing being politicially incorrect. Well, I AM politically incorrect when it comes to stating the obvious. Women and men are different and women and men both get a charge out of trying to manipulate the other into either doing things or in changing their thinking. Every woman in the world goes into marriage with the thought in mind that "now that we are married I can make him stop acting like that (what ever "that" happens to be). Every man goes into marriage thinking he is going to wake up the next morning laying next to that georgeous movie star he walked down the aisle with only to find face cream, curlers, bad breath, and a surly attitude. Are all these things bad? NO they are not, they are life.... and sources of humor.

Am I resentful twords women? Hell NO! The little skirmishes that occur because the man refuses to change and the woman refuses to give up changing the man are simply hilarious! And I find great humor in them.

Will I tell another joke on this advice column? Absolutely NOT! In fact, this is the very last time I'll even have a look in here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bikenut, I took no offense at what you wrote, I just didn't agree with your generalizations. I still don't, but that doesn't mean I want you to leave. If we don't share opinions, especially when they differ, we most likely won't learn something we should. Stick around and give us hell if you disagree with us....it's more fun that way!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
670 Posts
WHO STOLE YOUR CANDY?

BIKENUT,
I sincerely hope that you're still here and that when you said
you'd never look in here again that, that too, was in jest. I
did not take offense at what you said, just as I can't understand
why you took offense at anything I said. This is far from a
serious column....it's for entertainment and to add a little spice
and humor. Just as you say your original post was done in jest,
so was my reply to it and all the other posts in this column.
And if you read my reply again, I agreed with you on some
things you have said, but if we all had the same opinion about
things it would really be boring.
As "they" say: Opinions are like a$$holes... everybody's got one.

ANNABELLE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts