Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm a new member and new owner of a Marlin 45.70 govt. Allways loved the appearance of lever guns and could not resist when I got the chance to buy one. I have not fired the gun yet, but feels like a kid before xmas! I need advice on getting the a scope for this baby, hope to get the best advice here.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from a little piece of Heaven in Sullivan County, the Gem of the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Coyote222

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Welcome to the forum from South Jersey

·
Premium Member
12,160 Posts
You will get that from people who know the most here. I am not one of those but welcome to the best forum from Micanopy Florida.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hello and welcome from Colorado. None of my leverguns wear glass so I'm not the guy to ask. Stay tuned, someone will be along with the info you want.

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Hey Jorrie,

Welcome to MO.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
325 Posts
Howdy from Missouri, you'll soon discover that you've stumbled into the den of the most vicious enablers ever to stalk the interwebs. So don't think you'll live with just one Marlin! Enjoy the waves of temptation as well as some useful info thrown in.

Reactions: Survivor99

·
Registered
20,515 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Welcome to the best firearms forum on the Net.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlin Owners from the State of South Dakota
Welcome Aboard, Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Welcome from the banks of the "Mighty Mis'sipi"!

A lever gun can wear just about any glass you prefer. No need for any high powered stuff. Anything up to a 3x9 would be great. I have a 1.75x5 on a 35Remmy that's right nice.

Good Huntin'
Mop

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Welcome Jorrie from the Allegheny Mountains of Central PA!

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home! You're in the right place.

You'll Love the Marlin 45-70. Ammo's not cheap, but you don't need much if you're Hunting game with that shoulder cannon.

Cheers!

Mike T.

Reactions: Survivor99

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you're here! John

·
Super Moderator
16,014 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Welcome from IL. I have a scout scope (Leopold 1.5-5 X 33 VXR) mounted on an XS sight systems rail. That's all the scope I need, good in low light, and no scope bite.

Levergun Leather 4.jpg

1 - 20 of 32 Posts