Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name's Nick, just acquired my first Marlin 336 30-30 today and figured I should fall in with the flock. So I got this thing from my assistant manager at work for the low price of 125 bux. Kinda wondering how good of a deal that actually is based on the thick layer of dust between the barrel and load chamber. There's minor rusting in some of the tighter spaces on the barrel and I haven't had the chance to get a good look down the bore, crossin my fingers that its alright. I'd planned on breaking the thing down completely and givin it a good once over regardless but now I'm thinkin it'll be a little bit more of a project than I thought I'd be in for before I got to shoot it.

Well enough about that I guess, here's a little about myself. I'm 28, livin in Latham NY, just north of Albany. I'm a residence counselor working with elderly developmentally disabled folks. I've got two dogs, Carat, a 3 year old chow/lab mix and Rowdy, a 3.5 year old german/aussie shep mix. Alright, that's enough for now I guess.

see ya in the forums,
NV

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
Welcome from Abilene and Goldthwaite, TX! That's a great price on the rifle and you're going about cleaning it up right! Enjoy and send pics when you can. Glad you're here Nick. John

·
Registered
20,684 Posts
Hello and welcome from South Floirda!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome to MO, John, from Northern New York. Hope to hear more from ya.

riflerick

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
Welcome, from DFW, Texas

·
Super Moderator
16,333 Posts
Welcome from Olympia, WA; in the great Pacific Northwest - THE "ORIGINAL" MARLIN® COUNTRY!!!!!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Welcome from the Ga mtns ! I grew up in Chathem NY and used to go to the Wolfs Head Inn for seafood night ! Is it still there ?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Another big welcome from South Florida. I spent part of my formative years in Cairo, NY and Dad took us to the Chatam Fair every year ( mid to late 50's ).

I'm new here too, seems to be a great forum.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Athanasor said:
Another big welcome from South Florida. I spent part of my formative years in Cairo, NY and Dad took us to the Chatam Fair every year ( mid to late 50's ).

I'm new here too, seems to be a great forum.
I hadent thought of the fair in years ! Used to be a big thing !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@ buffgun

Ya got me, bud. Don't make it to Chatam all too often.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hello from farther upstate.......

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me! happy hunting from Kansas!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@ 10mmauto

further upstaters always give us albanians scuff over claiming to be upstaters, haha.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Welcome from TN

1 - 17 of 17 Posts