Marlin Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a set of sights I got a confirmation of the address to be sent to.
Then got an email from USPS with the wrong address on it to be sent to what kind of show are you running over there?

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Frequently Asked Questions
Use the Link. See bottom of page for Phone and email info. MBW give Andy a holler, and he'll get it straightened out for ya. The USPS probably typo'ed the info wrong.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
I recently ordered a set of sights I got a confirmation of the address to be sent to.
Then got an email from USPS with the wrong address on it to be sent to what kind of show are you running over there?
Midbigwest
I'm SURE if you just call Andy it will be sorted out!!!
One thing I Assure You is that Andy and Everyone at Skinner Sights is Topnotch for Customer Service!!!
I just did some business with Andy last week and I tried calling and Andy got right back to me..

Here's the ph#
1-406-531-5113

[email protected]

BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
6,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everything arrived at the proper address.
I was able to confirm that this afternoon.
So there was a mis sent address on the carriers part.
I do appreciate the craft of your business would just be nice if in the faqs you did not talk about very limited phone calls due to noise then post the phone number down at the bottom of the page after that statement.
Mods if you could please lock this thread down.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I delayed responding earlier, as I would have probably been VERY rude. Glad this is not getting locked down. I have had a number of email and phone conversations and exchanges with Andy over the last cpl years. He is THE BEST, customer service wise, BAR NONE! He even covered me on an issue that was my fault, with a replacement peep ring. I am sure he will happen along soon, and if there is any problem, I am VERY confident he will make it right in spades!

Reactions: Nodrama43 and T-Roy

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Andy is one of the most honest people I have ever had the pleasure to do business with. He runs an OUTSTANDING OPERATION!!! Talk to him & he will correct the mistake. I.M.H.O. your comment is uncalled fore!!

AHAPPY SKINNER CUSTOMER 444nut

·
Vendor
1,946 Posts
Everything arrived at the proper address.
I was able to confirm that this afternoon.
So there was a mis sent address on the carriers part.
I do appreciate the craft of your business would just be nice if in the faqs you did not talk about very limited phone calls due to noise then post the phone number down at the bottom of the page after that statement.
Mods if you could please lock this thread down.
Hello MidBigWest.

Sometimes there is an error in shipping, sometimes there is a misunderstanding, sometimes we are given bad information. We strive for excellence and promptness in our customer service and shipping.

Phone time is limited but we do post the number (just in case).

We are glad your package arrived at the proper address and trust that it did so on time with prompt attention to your order.

Please know, if there is ever an issue with an order, we will break our necks fixing the problem and make sure (To the best of our abilities) the customer is well taken care of. We always try to practice the "Golden Rule" in customer service and communication. "Treat others the way you would want to be treated" and we appreciate our customers who also understand the "Golden Rule"

Thank you T-Roy for leaving this open so we could respond.

We always try to make sure our customers receive what they need to be successful, help with the process as best we can, and ship a quality product in a timely manner. We do make mistakes on occasion. Our apologies to anyone who has been the recipient of one of our mistakes. Hopefully we made it right and your experience was positive.

When there is an issue, please zip off a polite email letting us know and we will figure it out ASAP. We are not a huge corporation with off shore manufacturing facilities. We are a few red Blooded Americans who take a great deal of pride in what we do. (Thank you to all those who recognize the effort and have posted here. We appreciate you all. The customer feedback, both praise and constructive encouragement has helped us be successful)

My goal is to be as diplomatic as possible to help smooth out any issues. The following is going to be fairly pointed. My apologies. In the world of "Online" its easy to forget there is a real person on the other end of an email or blog. Deer Hog is correct, "You will catch more bees with Honey".

Yesterday we received an email titled: "What kind of Idiot ships the package to wrong address?"

My shipping Gal called me into the office (red faced and a bit upset)... She had already pulled up the orig. order (with "ship to address" as provided by the customer, and pulled up our shipping records showing that the order had in fact been sent to the address as provided, and had the tracking information which said the package was out for delivery (to the address as provided by the customer)

I read the email which went something like this: (actually, exactly like this)

Subject: What kind of Idiot ships the package to wrong address?

"I ordered a set of sights for a friend you have it coming to me instead
of him.
I have gotten an email showing the right address his.
But just got a confirmation from the post office showing you shipped it
to me.
Are not paying attention over there or what?
receipt#XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Please correct this as it is going to cost me not you what are you
people doing.

So.... After going over every bit of communication with the customer, verifying through our ordering processor the details of the order as provided, making quadruple sure we had sent the order to the correct address as provided, I wrote the following response to the customer. (and as of this morning he has not yet responded)

MY RESPONSE

Hello (Customers First Name),

Well....... You asked...

What kind of Idiot ships the package to wrong address?

Let me tell you....

This was shipped by the Idiots who received THIS as a ship to address:

Ship-to address - Unconfirmed
( Delivery Name )
( Delivery address )
( Delivery City and State )

Generated a Shipping Label via our automated shipping program that looked like this
: (With tracking info)

Buyer
( Customers Name )
( Customers Email Address )

Shipping address - unconfirmed
( Delivery Name )
( Delivery address )
( Delivery City and State )
United States

Shipping details
Mailing date: Apr 8, 2014
Shipper: U.S. Postal Service
Tracking number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Service type: First-Class Mail® Parcel (2-5 days)
Shipping Status: Shipped

(This was the address supplied by you for the shipping address)

IF We missed something here, please give me the details of what we missed. (We
don’t want to continue being idiots)

(I’m generally not this pointed but your email was totally disrespectful and
frankly, my shipping gal does an excellent job. If you came into the shop and
called her an IDIOT there are three guys who you would have to deal with
immediately. If you want to continue calling someone an idiot, please return the
sight, we will refund your order (including shipping) as we take a lot of pride in
what we do and would rather not do business with someone who does not have enough
respect to work through a problem (if in fact there is a problem) without being
rude. Your email ranks in the top 3 of disrespectful communications we have
received in many years of business. We are certainly capable of making mistakes but
how we deal with those mistakes is exemplary and handled with integrity)

Please read our FAQ page, last question: “There is an issue with my order”

Now..... Where did you think this order was being shipped???

The tracking information shows it has been delivered.

END OF EMAIL

Please: If there is ever an issue with your order, send me an Email ASAP. We WANT to know and will make it right. We know there are real people on the delivery end who want/need a quality product that will work.

HOPE THAT HELPS!!!

As always,

ANDY

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
A heartfelt Thank You Andy. My level of respect for you, which was very high to begin with, has just been ratcheted up another few notches.

It is a true joy to have businesses such as yours associated with our Forum.

Roe

·
Banned
457 Posts
Words are like bullets, once they leave, you no longer have control.

Just wanted to wish everyone a great weekend, hope that you all get out and enjoy this great spring weather.

be safe

·
Premium Member
6,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thank you for your craft it is from what I have been told the best.
When I got upset was because I told someone I would do something for them and got two conflicting emails as to what was going to happen.
This was after my order had been processed and was out of my hands.
I am sorry for any mis understanding.

·
Vendor
1,946 Posts
No worries... Mistakes happen. We have all made plenty of them. They are life's great teachable moments. The most important thing is how we deal with them.

If you would like to forward those two conflicting emails to me, I'd like to know what was confusing. Both were automatically generated and should have reflected true information. Any "glitch" in the process we can correct will help us in the future.

Please let us know if we can be more help.

Andy

·
Registered
143 Posts
I,ll never Forget 1st time I bought from Andy I was working and saw an Ad in some Magazine I was reading and decided I wanted some better sights on My Henry Big Boy 45
I decided to make the call and Just do it and Buy a set so I called and Andy answered the Phone and promptly asked if I could wait just a second so He could step out somewhere to be able to hear as I Know the shop WAS loud I could hear the Production going on Anyway He took my order and when I asked if he was ready for a Credit card # He answered that he was,nt set up to do CC,s and would ship the sights with an Invoice I was flabergasted I can,t remember the Last Time anyone whom didn,t know me from Adam did a sale without getting their $ up Front The Moral to my Story is----Andy and the Folks at Skinner Sights are top notch people to deal with and I for one will order Skinner Sights again and do and will continue to Recommend their Sights to everyone that asks about mine or asks about sights that I can recommend for their application
+1 In my book Andy
DOGG!!!
BTW I,m the guy that called while working the Movie in Cleveland

Reactions: erimort

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Extremely well made product, great service, fast shipping...

Did my groups world of good too!

And a sense of respect (and humor too!!]
Glad it worked out for everyone!!

Reactions: Nodrama43

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Another very satisfied customer here, delighted with the sights and the Americans who make (and ship) them.

Keep up the good work, Andy. It is very good work, indeed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.