Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out that I will fly into Roanoke to represent the Cameo apple growers at Kroger stores. I'm pretty darn excited, it'll be a ton of work though. Apparently Kroger advertises it in the newspaper back there. I'm unsure of which store I'll be at. I'll be in the store handing out apple samples March 24 and 25. It may say in the promotion which store I'll be at. It would be cool if any of you guys in the area could buzz into the Kroger store featured and we could chat a little. There are 3 of us growers who get to go back there. Krogers has been one of the longest customers buying our Cameo apples, a variety I was among the first to plant. Keep an eye out in your newspaper and tell me if you see this ugly apple growers face!

Geoff

·
Registered
579 Posts
gEOFF, i'LL BE GLAD TO DROP BY AFTER WORK AND SAY HELLO. MOODYHOLLER

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
GEOFF - Sounds great - :D - We have somewhere in the neighborhood of 13 - 15 Kroger stores in the local area......Will you have any advanced notice of the store's location you will be visiting? Tell you what - If not, then closer to your departure, I'll PM you my cell #, and you can call when you get here. Have you ever been to this side before?

Shum8

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Sounds like a get together of the Apple Dumpling gang! :D :wink: Have fun you guys!

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
marlinman93 said:
ounds like a get together of the Apple Dumpling gang! :D :wink: Have fun you guys!
Heh heh heh - He said "Dumpling"........Kinda reminds me of all the nice things ol' buttcrack buffalo used to call me........ :lol:

·
Registered
579 Posts
hEY SHUM8, YOU SURE HAVE A LOT OF ADMIRERS!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
moodyholler said:
hEY SHUM8, YOU SURE HAVE A LOT OF ADMIRERS!!!!!
Ain't figured out if that's a good thing or a bad thing :shock:

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for checking in you guys! Remember my grandma came from Bedford actually a little crossroads called Body Camp. Her family moved out here in 1904 I think when she was 8 yrs old. I was back there in 1994 and visited some of the relatives and saw the grave of my great great grandpa who fought for the Confederacy out of Bedford County. I love the South, must be in my blood! I married a Virginia girl too! Boy and I didn't go wrong there either, she puts up with my GUN HABIT!

One of dads cousins from Bedford fought with the First Infantry Div during WW2, got wounded by a grenade. One of his stories I'll never forget was one of his buddies got up out of his fox hole to take a leak during the night, German artillery came in and a tree burst showered shrapnel down and cut half the guys thumb off while he was peeing and left his important appendage UNSCATHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a story!!! I'll keep you posted as to which store I might be going too. They called and wanted a picture to put in the advertisement. Geez, quite a deal for this old country boy!

Geoff

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
GEOFF said:
Thanks for checking in you guys! Remember my grandma came from Bedford actually a little crossroads called Body Camp. Her family moved out here in 1904 I think when she was 8 yrs old. I was back there in 1994 and visited some of the relatives and saw the grave of my great great grandpa who fought for the Confederacy out of Bedford County. I love the South, must be in my blood! I married a Virginia girl too! Boy and I didn't go wrong there either, she puts up with my GUN HABIT!

Oh, yeah - I remember you telling us that a while back.....

One of dads cousins from Bedford fought with the First Infantry Div during WW2, got wounded by a grenade. One of his stories I'll never forget was one of his buddies got up out of his fox hole to take a leak during the night, German artillery came in and a tree burst showered shrapnel down and cut half the guys thumb off while he was peeing and left his important appendage UNSCATHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a story!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'll keep you posted as to which store I might be going too. They called and wanted a picture to put in the advertisement. Geez, quite a deal for this old country boy!

Heck - Send 'em this one.....

Geoff

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OH GEEZ THAT IS TOO MUCH!!! See what happens when you shop at Walmart! Actually they buy a ton of the stuff I grow too so I can't get sideways of them.

Thats pretty much what I look like except I have better posture! Apple growing and the stress that goes with it ages one prematurely. Thanks for the great laugh even if it is right after dinner on a full stomach!

Geoff

p.s. You sure that ain't Kaintuck in your picture????????

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
GEOFF said:
p.s. You sure that ain't Kaintuck in your picture????????
Nah - I doubt you could get a puss...er, ah, a kitty to sit in that lap :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts