Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I too have grandchildren,and looked for the safest singleshot 22 I could find..As far as I am concerned it has to be the #6 Improved..Looks like the original #6 but was made for safety..When it is at full cock it will NOT accept a cartridge into the chamber..It has a half cock feature that renders it much safer than the older gun.After it is loaded and the action is closed,only then can it be fully cocked and ready to fire..Not knowing the ages of your little ones it might not be fully neccesary but mine are yet to shoot..The information can be found on page 76 in Frank de Haas book "Single Shot Rifles and Actions."Not readily available,but I have mine and I happen to know of another for sale..If interested e Mail me for the information..modoc

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Thanks for the tip Modoc, but since I've already got this #4 project rifle, I'll finish it for her!

·
Registered
579 Posts
mm93, I am doing a #4 for my freinds son. I am putting a Green Moutain octagon barrel on it as it had no barrel before. I am also relining my Dad's #4 also. They are nice little guns. moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
They sure are! I like Rollers, and the #4 is a neat miniature, unlike some other little Rems. My favorite of the little ones is the #2, but they're too spendy for the little gal!
Sure saw some spendy Rollers at the show this weekend!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well suit yourself,,as I know you will..But the #6 Improved is one safe LIL'gun none the less.Just trying to HELP..I do agree that the #4 roller is one sweet lil gun too.Was looking at the 7mm rollers today from 1964 Rifleman mag.$14.25 each..WOW why wasn't my brain tuned in??modoc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts