Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Marlin a few weeks ago, it's a 1998 Guide Gun, 45-70, I bought it from another member of this site.
I'm from Canadian Gun Nutz, so if my name looks familiar that's it..

I'm an electrician, I live in Ontario, try to get to the range every week, and the Marlin was the first big caliber Lever action I bought..
Anyway, here's a pic..
It's a Henry .22 in the picture with the Marlin.

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Abilene and Goldthwaite, TX! John

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana....Tha is some nice lookin rifles!!!

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from Piedmont North Carolina, the Tar Heel State. Nice looking start to your lever action collection.

·
Premium Member
6,503 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Hello & welcome to MO from Arkansas. Sweeeet looking pair of rifles you have there.

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Welcome, from DFW, Texas

·
Banned
20,300 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from North Florida!
JW

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Hey that's great! 45-70 Marlin was my first big bore also. The 45-70 is a classic older round that has been rediscovered by some interesting bullet makers. There are cowboy loads that hurl cast bullets down range at nearly subsonic speeds. There are wide meplat super hard cast bullets that can penetrate 6 feet of buffalo (African or American). Only problem is you kinda need to reload to take advantage of these cool bullets (or pay premium prices from ammo dealers).

So I'll just leave that thought there to ferment and hopefully one day you'll consider the wonderful world of reloading for the 45-70. This is a great site for that too because there are many helpful souls that are more than willing to share their expertise. Welcome to the family!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hi Transam1991, I'm from NE Florida near Jacksonville. This forum has an International Marlinowners site. You may be able to meet someone who doesn't live too far from you. This forum is very informative and friendly. Welcome aboard. Marla

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome in the MO Forum from Germany!
Great folks, profound knowledge and good humour are here to be found.
Enjoy

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Hello and welcome from TN.

·
Super Moderator
15,870 Posts
Welcome from Olympia, WA; in the great Pacific Northwest -
THE "ORIGINAL (North Haven, CT Rifles) MARLIN®" COUNTRY!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts