Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the bullets!!
You wouldn't have any loading suggestions for them in the .357 Max would you?

RV

G

·
I don't have my load book with me at the moment , but I will tell you the loads I used in the 357 and you can go up from there :D

G

·
Yes they are 100% WW , I'll leave any load info I have for those bullets at the gunshop in Gordonsville for you :!:

G

·
I think later this hunting season or next year, I'm gonna try that bullet on deer in my 1894CP or 1894CB. I think within 65 yards it outa do the job :D But then I should start working on the 1894FG :?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6pt-sika said:
I think later this hunting season or next year, I'm gonna try that bullet on deer in my 1894CP or 1894CB. I think within 65 yards it outa do the job :D But then I should start working on the 1894FG :?
Good luck on the FG.

That is a tempermental gun with cast. I'd be happy to test any bullets you can come up with. The only one I've tested so far is the Lee215grswc pb. It shot fine with 7 gr unique in my redhawk, but terrible in the FG. I believe the size needs to be .412 in order to perform in the rifle.

G

·
I have the current production Lyman mold for the 41 , this is a SWC with GC mold. And with this little jewel I'm having trouble getting the gas checks to seat :? But if I get it worked out , I'll be more then happy to cast you some :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts