Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a steel frame 4.75 inch 22/22mag pistol a couple months ago. Maybe I'm lucky but it's a shooter. Polished the internals with scotch-brite, fine polishing cream and a little 800 grit. A whole different gun. Trigger pull went from 5.75 to 3.5 pounds with no creep. Shot approx 300 rounds of LR with good accuracy. Haven't tried the 22 mag yet. Needed a inexpensive handgun that would hit what was aimed at 30 feet or less and this more than fits the bill.

·
Banned
4,646 Posts
Our local Cabela's had those on sale here awhile back, so I went to fetch me one. Got there a couple minutes after the doors opened and went straight back to the fun counter. There must have been a hundred guys standing in line there!

I said hell no and went back home.

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
Wow! Nice crappie!

Speaking of 'Team". When I married my wife 36 years ago, the first thing she said was, "Now we're a team. You're the team member and I'm the
Team Leader".

On our 33d anniversary she said, "You've done so good that I'm going to promote you to Senior Team Member".

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
I bought one a few years ago, it was a Sheriffs Model I think. Both cylinders, and a 3.5' barrel with a birdshead grip. It shot real well, but I ended up trading it for something along the way. I'd take one again. Didn't really like the goofy safety lever on it, but it shot well. I never opened it up.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Required gun picture. My girlfriend caught most of these. There is no "I" in "TEAM" but there is in "PICTURE".

:top:
That’s pretty much the exact one I got my eye on myself - 4.75” 22/22 mag with that coloring grips! Seems whenever I find one I would love to bring home, I don’t have money and when I have money... I have other things I have to spend it on. Ha.

Glad to hear so many positive reviews, I’ve been wanting one for about 4 years and it is all about the timing. I figure WHEN (and it will be “when”) it happens, it will be meant to be.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Good to hear there good shooter's. Couldn't pass on 1 a few weeks ago, NIB $130. Waiting for my son to bring grandson to shoot it. Gift for grandson. Gun Revolver Trigger Airsoft gun Air gun

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Good to hear there good shooter's. Couldn't pass on 1 a few weeks ago, NIB $130. Waiting for my son to bring grandson to shoot it. Gift for grandson. View attachment 716026
I picked up that exact gun with mag cyl couple years ago for about same price from a guy that had never been shot. Kinda feels like getting 2 guns for price of one.

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
We are going for 42 years the 19th of June. To celebrate I'm going to oral surgeon to get a wisdom tooth cut out. Lucky me I won't
have to take her out to eat. Back to HRR, I've had them and they are a decent plinker for the money. I only had one with mag cylinder
it didn't shoot with 22mags very accurate. I like to keep one around for trading stock. The boxes fit Ruger Single-6s!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Here's mine (6.5" barrel). It didn't come with the .22WMR cylinder but there was a coupon for it in the box so I did get one. It shoots .22LR and .22WMR very well, so well that I decided it needed a .22WMR long gun as a partner (Ruger American Rimfire Compact). Now that I'm headed down this rabbit hole, I'm looking for another 6.5" barrel Rough Rider but this time with a steel frame like the OP's. Then, of course, there's the possibility of adding a Henry H001M to go with that. ;D

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Needed a inexpensive handgun that would hit what was aimed at 30 feet or less and this more than fits the bill.
I collect SAA-style 22's for the fun lil' guns they are, and have "too many". The real joy is shooting 22 WRF's out of the 22 WMR cylinder. The barrels on these are all sized for 22 "Magnum" and just a bit oversized for 22 LR, so the WRF/WMR is usually more accurate in almost all of mine. And there's a lot less muzzle blast with WRF instead of WMR and very little decrease in power.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Bought one awhile back. Good shooter, accurate, good tight lockup, well balanced. However, the trigger/bolt spring failed after several hundred rounds. Heritage's customer service leaves something to be desired though. Couldn't get them to answer my phone messages, snail mail, or email. Ordered a magnum cylinder months ago using their provided coupon and have had no response from them. Their website does not give you a link to order parts either other than grips and other non-functioning parts.
Numrich has a good selection of parts for the Rough Rider. I'd suggest ordering a couple of spare trigger/bolt springs as they are only $4.75 each for a reproduction model that is tougher than the original.
Sorry to be so negative but I'm just passing along my experiences with them.
Enjoy your new revolver. I know I enjoy mine. Made a custom holster for it too.
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Leather
Leather Fashion accessory

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.