Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes boys they made them and they are out. Beautiful 336 Stainless 35 rem's with 18" barrel and straight stock limited addition. I went to the gun shop today and the seriel number is 336ss0019..Thats right number 19. The price until Monday is $539 less 10% for a total of approx $485 + tax. The gun is so beautiful that I was coming home to trade in my 444 and 336sc in 35 rem to buy it...but I then took a couple of deep breaths and realized I'd kick myself after if I got rid of the 444 and with 2 recent gun purchases I just don't have the loot.

I called my best friend who also was tied financially and decided to tell my Marlin breathern of this deal. Now I know its in CT but if you live around these parts, don't pass this up. There is also a 336ss in 30/30 which maybe my consellation prize but I have to figure out how to get the finances and past the little lady.

Its at Hoffman's Gun Shop on the Berlin Tpke in Newington, Ct

Good luck and I know I'll lose sleep over this one....

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I just got back from the gun shop with number 17, 515.00 dollars. Mine came in last friday. I like the looks and feel of the rifle, I hope it shoots good. The rifle is the same configuration as my new guide rifle, same checkering pattern on the wood, ballard rifling, it has a thin (solid) rubber butt pad. It's raining now so I'll clean the rifle, then load some ammo and shoot the rifle this week. Deer season is less then a month away, maybe I'll use this rifle.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Are the new ones ported or not? I have the 336D and have considered getting rid of it due to the report. Just picked up a 336cs an was going to cut it down to 16.5" and recrown. Maybe a trip to CT would solve all my problems. Where in CT is the shop?

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
custom rodsmith
These rifles are not ported. I believe mine came from the distributor in massachusetts. They may have more. There is info on shooters forum about the distributors but I don't know how to do the link. VTDW posted it. I would like to know how many of these they are going to make, I origionally thought 500 a month for aug, sept, oct, but I could be wrong. It should be a standard production gun. Make it in 30-30 also. The guide guns are popular maybe these will be also. Good luck in your search

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
info

chip m
If you could could you send me the contact info of the shop.
RF
biecor<removefirst>@yahoo.com

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
marlin shooter, where about in NE are you? Number 17 is fantastic as I thought finding 19 was good

I agree that they should make it in 30-30 also just wait until I have the coin to buy one..This would make a great truck gun/Hiking gun

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
chipm
I am in northern mass. and bought the rifle in N.H. I saw my origional order and it was 4-5-05, I had kind of forgotten about it. I also ordered a 357 ss ltd and have heard they will be shipped soon. Christmas will be early this year. I like this rifle a lot and hope they catch on. 30-30 would be nice also. I would take pictures but have no camera, maybe my father in law can. If someone can do the link the distributors are listed on shooters forum under the 336 section. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Last year after Christmas Galyans was trying to gve 336D's (.35 Rem) away at under $300. ($250 or $275 sticks in my mind.)

Had it in my mind to see what they do this year, although they are now Dick's and it may be a whole new deal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Coyote Hunter said:
Last year after Christmas Galyans was trying to gve 336D's (.35 Rem) away at under $300. ($250 or $275 sticks in my mind.)

Had it in my mind to see what they do this year, although they are now Dick's and it may be a whole new deal.
The Galyans in Arlington, TX had a .35 for $290 and a 1895 GG for $344. I didn't have any money though. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts