Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about one in 308 Win.They look nice ,but I have never had one in my hands.I am looking for comments from folks with first hand experience either negative or positive.Thanks ahead ,OB

·
Super Moderator
10,972 Posts
I have been thinking about one in 308 Win.They look nice ,but I have never had one in my hands.I am looking for comments from folks with first hand experience either negative or positive.Thanks ahead ,OB
I been lookin too. Sure is tempting.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
I was looking to , but ran into a deal on a BLR in 308, made the mistake of bringing it in the house , with the wife home.
She put it wright in her gun cabinet, and gave me her old 20ga so she had room for it.

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
I was looking to , but ran into a deal on a BLR in 308, made the mistake of bringing it in the house , with the wife home.
She put it wright in her gun cabinet, and gave me her old 20ga so she had room for it.
That's funny! :)

My dad gave my son his 308 BLR years ago. Wow, what a nice rifle!

I have never seen or held a Henry Long Ranger, but I'd guess it's a pretty nice rifle too.

Regards, Guy

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I read this to my wife.....she is still laughing. I think our wife's would get along very well.

Padraig

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
She likes the Henry's too. Ordered her one ,a year ago for xmas. She loves the brass ones, but they are to heavy for her. So when they came out with the single shot rifles, i ordered the 44 mag in brass. Thats sitting next to the BLR.

·
Super Moderator
10,972 Posts
She likes the Henry's too. Ordered her one ,a year ago for xmas. She loves the brass ones, but they are to heavy for her. So when they came out with the single shot rifles, i ordered the 44 mag in brass. Thats sitting next to the BLR.
You have a real keeper there hoss!
Only issue I see is you have yet to catch on to teh idea you need to buy them in two's

·
Premium Member
4,605 Posts
Good move on the BLR. Mine's in .308 as well, and a fantastic rifle. We're hoping to take out first elk this fall.

The Long Rangers look good to me, on the web, but I've never held one. I'm sure it's a fine rifle. The only Henry I own is a BBS .41 mag, and it's another fine rifle. Not really an "experienced" answer for you OB, but an honest opinion. :wink:

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good move on the BLR. Mine's in .308 as well, and a fantastic rifle. We're hoping to take out first elk this fall.

The Long Rangers look good to me, on the web, but I've never held one. I'm sure it's a fine rifle. The only Henry I own is a BBS .41 mag, and it's another fine rifle. Not really an "experienced" answer for you OB, but an honest opinion. :wink:
I am buying a Long Ranger in 308 Win.I have had a few BLRs.Mine were the original Belgium steel receivered ones.The only bad thing I can say was the trigger pull sucked,but none the less were super accurate.I read good things about the Henry LRs.Their stock is set up for a scope and they do have good trigger pulls.I got a good price on a slightly used one.Not a mark on it with fantastic wood.I should have it by the end of next week.OB

·
Super Moderator
25,988 Posts
I am buying a Long Ranger in 308 Win.I have had a few BLRs.Mine were the original Belgium steel receivered ones.The only bad thing I can say was the trigger pull sucked,but none the less were super accurate.I read good things about the Henry LRs.Their stock is set up for a scope and they do have good trigger pulls.I got a good price on a slightly used one.Not a mark on it with fantastic wood.I should have it by the end of next week.OB

I recently handled the Henry LR in 308WIN and it's a big cut above the BLR, IMO. Great trigger and the bolt is massive!

I contacted Henry requesting the LR be chambered in 338FED and if they do, I'll flat out buy it!

Jack

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I recently handled the Henry LR in 308WIN and it's a big cut above the BLR, IMO. Great trigger and the bolt is massive!

I contacted Henry requesting the LR be chambered in 338FED and if they do, I'll flat out buy it!

Jack
I would think 338 Fed and 358 Win would be big sellers!!OB

·
Registered
351 Posts
I bought a Henry Long Ranger in 223/5.56MM a while back. I had it to the club once, shoots fine, the action is smooth. It has nice dark walnut furniture and is made in the USA. I find no fault in this rifle. It is on the heavy side, at least for me. The fact that it is made in the US was a big reason for buying it.
FM

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd also like to pick up a Long Ranger in 308. I've had my eye on them since the introduction. I've handled a couple of them. Yesterday I handled one in a 6.5 and it was the best one yet. Great fit and finish, nice trigger, and the action cycled so smooth!

My only hang up is that I want to handle a BLR before making my purchase, and I can't find one anywhere locally.

Reactions: Marlinjunkie
1 - 19 of 19 Posts