Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own or know anything about these .22s? I tried googling them but the only results I got were for the H001--not the H001L. The only difference I can see is the 16" barrel and the large loop lever.

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
Nope, I looked at the H001 at Gander Mountain on Tuesday because they had it on sale, and it just didn't float my boat. The H001L has the 16" barrel and large loop, but basically looks the same. I guess I have been spoiled by my 39A, but the Henry just didn't feel as substantial to me. Of course it's 1/2 the price.

It's probably a good gun for the price, but to my way of thinking the 39A or M is worth the premium over the Henry.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Halwg said:
But to my way of thinking the 39A or M is worth the premium over the Henry.
But to my way of thinking, if I got a Henry I could also get about 7,500 rds of .22LR ammo. My grandfather has a Mountie, and I'd love one, but I wouldn't be able to afford to shoot one once I got it. Thanks for the comment anyway.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have a Henry H001 and it's basically the same but with a longer barrel and the standard loop. It isn't a 39A (I have one of those too) but it isn't supposed to be. That little Henry of mine is so accurate and functions so well that it won't be going anywhere, ever. It will shoot any kind of ammo I have ever put in it and the action was as slick as snot from day one. Not one malfunction of any kind after several thousand rounds. If you are looking for something light that you are just gonna go shoot and not worry about, you won't be disappointed with that H001L.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Ah for the love of a 39! I would love one myself, but can't find anything in this land locked town I live in.. I ordered this Henry Frontier a week ago off Gun Genie and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the gun, the wood, the accuracy and for $350, this will do for my 22 levergun lust. If I am going to spend over 500 bucks on another Marlin at this point, it will now be a 1894 in .357! :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
I love mine. Very smooth. I use super collibri 20 grain ammo in it which literally makes almost no noise for plinking and squirrel slaying in my yard. Basically turns my Henry into an ultra fun high powered air rifle equivalent that I don't have to pump 10 times.

This way I get my gun fix in any time without having to go to the range.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I own a H001 and its a nice little rifle for what I need. Its accurate, reliable and the price is right IMHO. I have not seen a H001L at any of the local Henry dealers around here as yet.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Ah for the love of a 39! I would love one myself, but can't find anything in this land locked town I live in.. I ordered this Henry Frontier a week ago off Gun Genie and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the gun, the wood, the accuracy and for $350, this will do for my 22 levergun lust. If I am going to spend over 500 bucks on another Marlin at this point, it will now be a 1894 in .357! :D

beautiful gun!! i want one in 22 mag

·
Registered
26 Posts
Finally got my H001L. It is a nice gun for the price. After opening it up I can see how they kept the cost down. Basically most of the parts are cast. Casting is a lower cost way of making parts. Machining is a very expensive manufacturing process. Both processes have there place and both can be of high or low quality depending on material it self. Most don't like the non-ferrous cover but you have to realize that it is only a cover and doesn't take any of the pressure of the round. The barrel and frame are ferrous based where more strenght is needed against the pressure of the round.

The wood on mine is great better then my two 1894 and my bl-22. The Henry is much heavier then I had thought, almost as much as the 1894. The bl-22 feels feather weight in comparison to the henry. The action is sooo smooth and light, lighter then the BL-22 and equally smooth.

I put on a Marble Bullseye rear sight. Good thing is that the original marbel rear sight is the same height as the bullseye so it'll work with the original front fixed sight.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Choot it, DaBinChe, Choot it! You'll love it! I have a H001V in .17hmr. It is a great little gun.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hoo1l

I purchased a H001L this past week. I wasn't sure it would work for my 6-2" frame. As it turns out, the rifle shoulders smoothly and the lever is of course, butter smooth. Accuracy with 4x scope while preliminary, was a promising ragged hole at 25 yards. The large loop is a nice addition for bigger hands. The 16-1/4 " barrel gives just that extra bit of portability that lends itself to moving in and out of the safe and swinging around on critters (not in the same motion..). The L model is an excellent combination of features for a more than affordable price. I've never had the pleasure of shooting the Marlin 39- but this one will do for me!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I've had an H001L for about a year. It is a fun, well made little gun and I like to shoot CCI CBs through it. I don't believe you could fine a smoother lever action rifle than the Henry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts