Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody own one of the henry big loop 22's? I been looking at them on youtube and gun sites and I like'em! Any thoughts,opinions and info would be appriciated!!!!

36599-1.jpg

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have a h001 with a regular loop and a h001ML with a large loop. I like the large loop a lot better and might have to break down and buy one for the h001. The large loop is about $50.00 from Henry.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have the hoo1 and the Goldenboy, but do not have the large loop on either, I do have a large loop on my 44 Mag Big Boy though and love it. At 50.00 why not do it, the Marlin boys pay almost triple that for a large loop.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it would be nice if you could get big loops for Marlins for $50!!!!! I'd have one on all of my Marlin lever guns, got one factory on my Rossi Rio Grande! Somehing about the Dukes 92 and the Riflemans 92 I've always liked? Oh, I know the Big Loop!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
I have the regular 22 Henry , don't see the need for the big loop...

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Big loop Reason? "Look & Appeal" Mainly, Hunting or just shooting on cold Mornings wearing Gloves Main Reason! I just like the look of the Henry 22 H001L and it only having a 16 inch barrell and big/large loop I believe it would be a fun little carbine to have!

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
The big loop works well with winter gloves on.

The Henry large loop carbine is a handy, sweet shooting rifle.

Cate

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've owned the carbine for a couple years and love it. I like the shorter barrel as I mostly use mine for just plinking off the deck. The large loop for me is a big plus with my arthritic hands - going to add a nice wrap to the loop soon.

The fit and finish are just top notch as with all the Henry rifles.

I recently bought an H009 30-30 which only comes with the standard loop. I can work the lever just fine, but when shooting the loop with push against my hands at times which really hurts. I contacted Henry about a large loop for the H009 and they said they would have one available spring of 2015.

Best thing to do when deciding about the carbine or the standard is to go to a shop and compare them side by side. I am lucky - living in the boonies I only have one gun shop within a decent distance but is a fairly large one - they always have all the Henry models in stock to compare.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
I never wear gloves when shooting and I like the 20" barrel better.. I guess that's why they make both...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought one several years ago for my youngest son, it quickly became our favorite plinker/squirrel/rabbit hunting rifle. I wouldn't think twice, pull the trigger...lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts