Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather was really nice today here in MO., about 60 degrees. I have been waiting for some good weather to get out the replacement rifle to see how it would shoot. With all the trouble I have had with the previous renditions Henry had sent me my hopes were not too high even though I had carefully inspected it.

This one is a side loader and after a little trial and error it loaded fairly easy. The action was stiff and even though the action the lever was worked aggressively it jammed about out of three times. I believe I could just work the lever a couple hundred times to loosen it up or take it completely down and polish where needed. The rifle would also jam if I tilted left as the cartridge would fall to far into the action. I solved that problem on my last one by bending the ejector out a little.

The accuracy of this rifle I was impressed with. The weather was so nice that a lot of people had the same idea to head the range, it was crowded so I could only get a bench at the 25yd range. The creepy trigger was a little tough to get used too but it was better when I got used to it. With soft loaded 158gr hp's all my groups were one hole. When I shot hot 125hp's the groups opened up to about an inch.

I believe with some work on action and a lot of work on the trigger I will have a nice shooting gun.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Deleted so no confusion with Admin rules.

Reactions: Lever Jac

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may have found the reason my BBS was jamming so much at the range. After a complete take down of the action I found what looked like packing tape with fiberglass strips running through it. I am hoping this is the problem as it will be an easy fix. Working to lighten and remove the creep from the trigger. I can not seem to add a pic so maybe I can on my phone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts