Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Henry and a 45-70. what next?

Are coming out with their own 45-70's soon! Marlin had better wake up. They are in a downward slump. I've looked at 4 338's and none of them earned their way into my safe. All had their maladies. Marlin will loose their domination before you know it.

Thought Rossi was doing the same, but turns out it was a typo at Able online. Turned out being a 30-30.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Re: Rossi and Henry. what next?

I did a quick search but couldn't find an official announcement - do you have a link? By the way, I believe the Henry loads from the mag tube.

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Its second hand info, but heard by the grapevine someone wanted a pistol gripped 30-30 from Henry, and Mr. Imperato indicated they'd be makinga 45-70 one soon. I saw the 45-70 listed under Able arms last night (not there now), and turns out it was only a 30-30. Sorry! Henry is still going to make one.

·
Registered
23 Posts

I have e-mailed henry a few times and I can say they are #1 in customer service and are very proud of there guns. getting a varmit express 17 hmr next. my latest purchase was a marlin sbl 45-70. after sending it back and being treated like just another number I can tell you I'm thru with marlin! my gun is still not right. minor stuff I can handle but marlin cares not for what the buyer gets

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
Re: Henry and a 45-70. what next?

I'm probably going to buy a Henry 22 just to see how they work. All the reviews I have read from owners have been top notch. I think Marlin is already on a downward spiral. I still like them and will continue to buy the older guns, but it's really doubtful that I'll buy a new gun unless something drastically changes.

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

We hope to have the 45-70 by the end of the year.

This from an e-mail sent only 1 hr ago.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts

Halwg said:
I'm probably going to buy a Henry 22 just to see how they work. All the reviews I have read from owners have been top notch. I think Marlin is already on a downward spiral. I still like them and will continue to buy the older guns, but it's really doubtful that I'll buy a new gun unless something drastically changes.
I think I am going to do the same Hal as our shooting group is growing and I can always use another .22 rifle or two. I sent an email to Henry this past week and received a quick reply from Anthony Imperato. You might try an email to them with any questions you have about the Henry line. The Frontier model looked really good yesterday when I held one in my hands as it was the one he suggested I looked at.

bjm

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts

Iv been wanting a .22mag and will probley get a Henery !!

·
Registered
9 Posts

WHEN THE HENRYS FIRST CAME OUT I HAD A SMALL PROBLEM WITH THEIR 22 LEVERGUN, THE CARRIER WAS MADE OF PLASTIC AND I HAD A FEED PROBLEM. MADE A CALL, FIRST PERSON WHO ANSWERED THE PHONE, A WOMAN, KNEW THE PROBLEM, SENT OUT A METAL CARRIER IN 3 DAYS. THEY SEEMED TO BE ON THE BALL. ID BE HAPPY IF I COULD JUST GET SOMEONE ON THE PHONE HALF THE TIME WHEN I CALL MARLIN. I HAVE ABUSED THAT 22 IN THE PICKUP FOR 7-8 YEARS NOW AND IT HAS NEVER HAD A GLITCH AND IT IS A PLEASURE TO PACK ONE HANDED IN THE WOODS AS WELL. I DONT KNOW WHAT I THINK OF THE TUBE FED 30-30, BUT IM STARTING TO WARM UP TO THE IDEA, IF IT WAS AS RELIABLE AS THIS 22 HAS BEEN.

·
Registered
300 Posts

TONY123 said:
WHEN THE HENRYS FIRST CAME OUT I HAD A SMALL PROBLEM WITH THEIR 22 LEVERGUN, THE CARRIER WAS MADE OF PLASTIC AND I HAD A FEED PROBLEM. MADE A CALL, FIRST PERSON WHO ANSWERED THE PHONE, A WOMAN, KNEW THE PROBLEM, SENT OUT A METAL CARRIER IN 3 DAYS. THEY SEEMED TO BE ON THE BALL. ID BE HAPPY IF I COULD JUST GET SOMEONE ON THE PHONE HALF THE TIME WHEN I CALL MARLIN. I HAVE ABUSED THAT 22 IN THE PICKUP FOR 7-8 YEARS NOW AND IT HAS NEVER HAD A GLITCH AND IT IS A PLEASURE TO PACK ONE HANDED IN THE WOODS AS WELL. I DONT KNOW WHAT I THINK OF THE TUBE FED 30-30, BUT IM STARTING TO WARM UP TO THE IDEA, IF IT WAS AS RELIABLE AS THIS 22 HAS BEEN.
Thanks for the input Tony, but no one wants to listen to you scream it. :-*

·
Super Moderator
15,955 Posts

What she really meant to say Tony123 was, Please don't use the CAPS as it is generally construed as yelling. ;) Mr fixit

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts

mr fixit said:
What he really meant to say Tony123 was, Please don't use the CAPS as it is generally construed as yelling. ;) Mr fixit
I do believe "he" is a "she." ;D

bjm

·
Registered
478 Posts

BJM,

I've had my Frontier for slightly over a year. Beautiful, accurate and the most fun to shoot of any of my firearms regardless of caliber. Try one. You won't be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts

·
Banned
1,157 Posts

Sounds pretty cool. I wonder when they're going to come out with a .22 bolt-action repeater? The Acu-Bolt's neat, but it's single-shot and has an ugly beavertail forearm.

·
Registered
63 Posts

"Henry and a 45-70. what next?"
hopefully a .444 ;)

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts

I just got a Henry Frontier 22LR and I am very pleased with it. Even if this gun was $200 more I would still feel I got a great rifle for the money, but for $350 shipped to Alaska, I am a happy camper! ;D

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts

eaglesnest ... that's a fine looking rifle you have and the wood is much better than the one I handled yesterday. Looks like a little fiddleback in the stock ... nice.

bjm

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts

Thanks BJM, I was sure surprised when I opened the box and saw that wood, a lot fancier than I was expecting from a $350 gun!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts