Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have the 30-30 blued version and the 44 Mag Brass gun. Also have a few Marlins but I really like my Henry's. Good shooting, accurate and they operate smoothly. Also as an added bonus NO loading gate to get your finger pinched in, I much prefer the Henry tube feed.

Added pics of my 44 mag Big Boy and my 30-30

Attachments

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I have looked at the Brass 30-30 several times. Thats the direction I would go if getting one. The fit and finish on the Henery brass guns are fantastic and that octogon barrel is a plus in my opinion. There is a reason you see these big heavy barrels on the Sharps, Browning and Uberti big bores. Heavy and stable. I WILL end up with a brass 30-30 one day.

Hayden.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
I have the blued version and am pleased with it. Fit and finish are equal to pre-Remington Marlins. Henry uses prettier wood than Marlin does, and even prettier wood on the brass models.

The action and trigger were just as good out of the box as a 1978 Marlin I compared my Henry to.

If appearance is your biggest priority, along with the octagon barrel, then by all means get the brass version. If utility is more important- weight, size, accuracy, ease in mounting optics, I would really seriously consider the blued model. It comes standard with excellent XS Ghostring sights. It also is drilled and tapped for a scope mount. It has a cap on the forend instead of a barrel band. It also is much lighter, slimmer, and less expensive.

You can't go wrong either way with a Henry.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Oh how I wish Henery would put an end cap on the Brass one instead of a band. That would be so cool. The Brass is drilled and tapped as well for scopes now a days. Plus if they would just do a tappered 26" barrel. Ohhhhh my..... Id be broke. They are making long barrels for that new 44-40. Throw one on a 44 and a 30-30 in brass and I have 2 new guns in the cabnet!!!!

Hayden.

·
Premium Member
6,122 Posts
If I was looking for a 30 30 it would be a Henry. If Henry rifles came 356 win. I would be at the range with it in the morning.
T:biggrin: NY
PS or if their pistol cartridge rifles came in blue and walnut.

Reactions: buckweet

·
Registered
217 Posts
I’ve had my brass Henry 30-30 for 5 years and have killed a nice buck with it. It really likes Fiocchi 170 gr and will shoot 1.5-2 inches with it very regularly. This is with a leupold scope on it of course.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Its all good man. Great to see new posts in the forum. I have a longing for the Case Colored 30-30. Woooof.

Thanks for the pics.

Hayden.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts