Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to purchase a .22 (unfired) 24" - barrel 1/2 octagon/1/2 round - engraved on the reciever is gold varmints (squirrels and *****" and the inscription is something along the lines of "Wilderness Centennial". Anyone know about what it would be worth.

Thanks,

Drover

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
It sounds like a pile of crap MD.
I’ll tell you what, if you send it over to me as soon as possible, I will take on the onerous task of looking after it for you. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I have no clue as to value. but I would buy it if you thing price is good..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds like the "Wildlife for Tomorrow" run Marlin made for the WalMart stores. Basically the same as the 1897 Century Limited they had in their catalogs with the only real difference, other than the model name, is the inlays in the side of the receiver. Will be able to tell more once we have more information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plinker Tom,

Yep, that's it....Wildlife for Tomorrow. New in the Box. I don't know where he got it. But, he is asking $800.00. I can live without it. Do you think it is worth $800.00.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If it was full octagon I'd go for. I really love them type of barrels, but them 1/2 and 1/2 things just llok like crap to me. If you really want it buy it. Seems to be good wroksmanship on it and hopfully it will shoot just as good too. I jsut do'nt like the barrel type.
Seems alittle high in prise but it may turn out to be wurth every penny to you.

DoniphanRedneck

·
Registered
41 Posts
value

If you buy this gun I don't think it will ever be worth more than that.I'm stuck with more guns like this than I care to admit.Is this gun worth it to you ? If it is than go for it.I've bought guns like this for $400.00-$500.00.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I got one. Saw that someone was asking $850.00 for one after seeing an add for one Unfired, with box (no instructions or manual), rated at 99% due to blue wear at the lever screw area and hammer.

Got it for $550 (with shipping and ffl donation) with the nicest figured walnut I have seen on a Marlin. Still have not had a chance to shoot it yet!

They only made 2,000 of them! So at 99% I can shoot mine and it will not loose value .... Mike

PS ... NOT FOR SALE ... as will belong to my son some day!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts