Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello & thanks for taking time to review. I have a Marlin 336 and I'd like to mount a leupold 2-7x 33mm. I'd like to have the scope as low to the rifle as possible (won't be using open sites) and was looking for recommendations on leupold rings. While we're at it any thoughts on the base? I'd planned to just go with the leupold base.

MJ

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well, i dont know if this will help but i was in the same place you were and decided on tally one piece mounts, (xtra low). You need to order them directly from Tally, midway usa does not carry the extra low. I am very happy with mine and had looked at leupy, weaver, warne, pretty much all of them.

Ozzie
South Florida
Team 30-30

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I think you'll have the best luck with the Leupold hardware if you believe you will never use the irons. Get the two peice bases to save weight, and go with the extra low rings. The are just high enough to clear the barrel with a 2X - 7X x 33, but you may need to pull the Marlin open rear sight. You can replace it with a slot blank, or with a Lyman fold down.

I have my .35/336 rigged with Weaver bases and Grand Slam rings. I also replaced the front and rear sights with irons that are visible over the bases. Scopes are fine, but I always like to be able to pull the scope in case of damage on a hunt away from home.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
On my 336 & 308MX i have Redfield 2x7x33 scopes & i used the Leupold Rifleman rings (low). they"re fairly inexpensive, lock solid & i've not had "any" problems with them. Also, you don't have to remove the rear sight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Talley ex lows

I use the talleys also.I have them mounted on my 336 35 with leupold vx2 1-4-20.I have removed front and rear sights

1 - 5 of 5 Posts