Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I just acquired this little rifle and have never seen one it seems to have a stainless barrel and aluminum action, the stock has a squirrel imprint in the grip of the stock, has anyone here ever seen one and know anything about them and where to get any parts for it? Thanks for any information and help.
Gun Air gun Shotgun Trigger
Pipe Tool Wood Machine Hammer drill

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'll weigh in until some of the experts (ArrowDodger and rjtmac) come along.

What you have is a store brand Marlin Model 60 sold through Otasco (I believe) made in 1979. (Hence the 6079 model number).

I believe that is standard blued barrel, albeit very worn. But no worries! It can be re-blued if you want. If you want to do this yourself, let me know and I'll point you to some instructions or rjtmac might be willing to share his process with you.

The aluminum action can be repainted or coated - again rjtmac has rescued over a dozen of these gems in the past few years with many threads sharing his work.

Plenty of Model 60's came with the squirrel stocks, and while they aren't the most common stock, they aren't what you would call scarce.

Parts are usually available from Numrich or Brownells. Be forwarned, if you start replacing internals - it may require you to know if it's old or new style. Unfortunately that's not my expertise (not yet), but the experts can help if decide to start swapping parts.

First question for you - does it appear to missing the magazine tube which mounted under the barrel or is this set up for a removable magazine which inserts from the bottom? If it's the latter, it might be possible someone has created a hybrid gun with a Model 60 receiver and a Model 70 stock and innards.

Either way, it looks like a good start to a project!

Reactions: starstorm
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.