Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just picked up a new Talo 357. It is really stiff to open the action completely , and also to close. This is not my first H&R,I have rifles and shotguns. It is like no other. Could a tight extractor cause this?
I like the gun and hope this is an easy fix.
Thanks
Jim306

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
See Forend Fit in the H&R FAQs and Help sticky in my signature line below, the forend is too tight, but you may want to shoot it and let it break in by itself before you mess with it, it may shoot just fine like it is and the tightness will go away as the forend spacer wears against the frame, a little paraffin or dry lube like Slide-All or One Shot on the spacer/front of the frame will help. It would also help you to read the Handi Basic 101 sticky, there are several tips there that will help you get off to a good start with the new SB1 Talo Trapper. ;)

Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All, just wanted to report I sent the trapper back to Remington. Was returned in 9 days. They removed a burr in the extractor channel. Now it is like my other H&R's. Sweet, fun gun.
Thanks.
Jim306.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
That's a new one, I've got 50 H&Rs, about 15 or 20 are late model extractors, have never had that issue nor have I read of it, but glad ya got it fixed, H&R is pretty hard to beat when it comes to customer service. ;)

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts