Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to keep my 336 35 remmy scopeless. When I bought the 35 it already had a scope on it so it didnt come with the dummy screws. Can anyone help me out if they happen to have some laying around??? I pulled off the scope and the holes go through to the bolt, so I assume it isnt good to have those open!!! Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Leaving the holes open is an option, since the odds of anything substantial enough to foult things up getting through are slim; but, some may consider the holes unsightly. If you have a shop nearby that will install a scope for a customer, they will likely have dozens of fill screws on hand. My local gun/pawn will let me rummage through their toolbox and find whatever screws I need for free.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about that, I will try them on the way home from work today, its a blessing and a curse to have a gun shop 2 blocks from my office...

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
I'm a dummy, so maybe I can help you. ;D Numrich sells the filler screws, as does Midway and Brownell's.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well at $2.29 per screw I hope my local gun shop has them for "free" ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm trade screws for the scope, nah ;D I stopped by my local gun shop and they told me to bring in the gun and they would make sure they fit properly and they would give them to me, for free. The price was right! I havent shot it without the scope yet but it sure feels alot more balanced. Where I will be hunting my longest shot would be around 100 yards or so. According to the weather man it should be warmer up here the next few days, as long as this crazy wind stops, I can try out the open sites. Thanks for all the advice guys.

·
Registered
31 Posts
good find deermafia .. I was going to send you mine when I got my scope mounted . but they will go in the screw bucket now .

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
deermafia said:
well at $2.29 per screw I hope my local gun shop has them for "free" ;D ;D ;D
There is no free lunch, big boy! ;D He'll get it back in the next transaction.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well since I bought my last two guns there and buy my ammo there all the time, I guess I did kind of "pay" for them with previous purchases, but at least I know the guys at the shop care enough to help me out. Thank you TnRebel for your kind thought to send me some, much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
You can also buy receiver plug screws from Brownell's. I got the ones with the tiny head on them to keep them from screwing through....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts