Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never owned a lever-action rifle. I've come across a 336RC in .35 Remington in a Pawn Shop. Serial number starts with AD so it's from 1968. Wood is in good shape, blue is pretty good except for a couple spots of light surface rust which I think will clean up fine. They want $389 for it but I'd expect they'd take $275-300 for it.
Can you guys teach me anything about this particular rifle model/caliber please? Thank you...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,171 Posts
336RC (regular carbine) in 35rem, A dandy rifle, chambered in a fantastic caliber. Price sounds good too.(even better if you talk him down) Great round w/200gr factory loads, handloads, even better. You'll not regret buying it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Don't wait to long in that caliber it won't last long. Their good guns love popping pigs with it. Will be trying for deer with it this fall
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,809 Posts
I can't find a .35 here. The '52 336RC 30-30 I just got was pretty rough. He wanted $325 and talked him down to $225. I say buy it now but offer less. Doesn't hurt to haggle over price. He probably expects someone to haggle.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,568 Posts
I've got a 1966 RC in 35 Remington that I bought new when I was 15. I just did a trigger job on it, and it's a fantastic shooter. I paid $89 for it new. If you can get it for $300, it's a steal.



 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,809 Posts
Halwg said:
I've got a 1966 RC in 35 Remington that I bought new when I was 15. I just did a trigger job on it, and it's a fantastic shooter. I paid $89 for it new. If you can get it for $300, it's a steal.



I will give you your money back ;D I like that wood. I hope mine is that nice when I get to that point on my project.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of accuracy should I expect with this model and year?

Is this model/year considered to be a well built rifle?

What range of bullet weights would you suggest?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,568 Posts
Northrunner said:
What kind of accuracy should I expect with this model and year?

Is this model/year considered to be a well built rifle?

What range of bullet weights would you suggest?
These are very well built rifles. My best accuracy with this gun has been with Hornady LE ammo. But everything shoots well. I've used about every type of ammo through it, and it's all been good.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
Here is a target picture with my 35REM RC (1955 model). The group is at a hundred yds with open sights and my poor eyesight. My aim was to see how it grouped. If it groups then you can adjust that group to go anywhere you can go. Good luck. I have a lot of fun shooting both my 35s. I bet you will too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,864 Posts
1 big hole said:
336RC (regular carbine) in 35rem, A dandy rifle, chambered in a fantastic caliber. Price sounds good too.(even better if you talk him down) Great round w/200gr factory loads, handloads, even better. You'll not regret buying it!

+ 1
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top