Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Methinks it's a Remington, but I may be wrong. Is there something wrong with it? ??? :-X

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Anything with an MR prefix is a Remington. As far as year I dont know how their date code works, but the last Conn built Marlins were made in 2009 so thats a 2010 or 11. Remington did use some old stock barrels marked North Haven, but if it was made by Remington in Illion, Ny then it will have the MR prefix and a REP proof mark rather than a JM.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you i was on info over load trying to figure this out wanted this gun but not now that figures

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
You wanted this gun, but not now that you know Remington built it? If you've inspected it and were impressed by it, I'd say go for it. If you weren't impressed, let somebody else buy it.... :-X

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi, 4719 Dave.

I just received my new 1895 SBL that I ordered 5 months ago. My serial number is real close to the one you looked at, mine is MR 07504B it has a barrel with the CT, markings. I went over this rifle very carefully when I opened the box and could not find nothing that jumped out at me, sights were indexed correctly, scout rail is level and centered, no buggered screw heads, stock and forearm have no gaps in the fit up. the XS sights are dead on at 50 yds with my laser bore sighter.
I really was expecting something to be wrong after reading alot of negative posts
about the new 1895's. I will be taking it to the range on Tuesday this week to try it out. I'll post my results.
The last Marlin I bought was in 1967 and I still have it.

Glenn

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Hi Gkayea,
You bought your last Marlin in 1967 and still have it, you must really love that gun. It sure does say a lot for return business. ::) ::) ::)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts