Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeese lousees,
It looks like I've gone and done it now. Theres a nice girl I've known for years at the local sporting goods store, (how cool is that!!). I see her at the store lots and around town and we have nice chats and such, we kinda hang out in the same group of friends, generally. Well, I finally got some balls and asked her out. She thought that was great. So far so good. Now the thing is, its been years since I was actually on a date with somone I actuall liked. Not just wanted to bang and go the the next, (I've been a dog for years, picking up chicks at bars and such). But I really care about her. She really is a nice women and I want to be nice and show her a good time. I know this sounds funny in a terribly pathetic way, I just don't know how else to put it.

Any advice on being nice to a women/dating advice.

Thanks

Pathtic first time dating Seabass

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ah, wish Anna was here for this one! I'm not posting here as a Great Advice-Giver, only as someone who can empathize and hope you have a great time~!

Be Yourself! If you kinda know each other already, and you can see the attraction is mutual, she'll notice something's wrong if you're not just being who you are. Relax! She ALREADY likes ya!

It might be a nice touch to bring a nice little bouquet of flowers to hand her at the door . . . nothin' fancy needed, flowers say a lot to a gal! (In general, anyway . . .)

From a woman's point of view, it might be nice if you did try to kiss her at the end of the date if the vibes are right, but don't try to drag her for a romp, just tell her you want to see her again real soon . . . . (UNLESS, of course, she seems to want different. At that point ya gotta play it by ear!)

Have fun! You don't have to know on the first date whether or not you've struck up a tight relationship with her or what's gonna happen next.

Keep us posted~~~

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
If you take her to MacDonalds & get her a kids meal they come with some pretty cool toys, I'm sure she'll love that. :lol: :p

Just be yurself, if she already knows you, then I'd think she thinks your ok or she'd a said no.

If you be yourself & it turns her off then thats a good thing too as you dont need to be saddled with one that dont like you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
729 Posts
#1. Always treat a lady like a lady. #2. Don't be a jerk and take her out with your beer drinkin buddies. #3. Take her out to a decent place to eat. #4. It doesn't have to be roses but a bunch of flowers would be nice. #5. Don't ever lie to her about anything because you will always get caught. #6. Roll with the evening as the mood sets itself and be flexible. Just be yourself and always remember rule #1. HAVE FUN :wink:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Ahhhh....another one bites the dust :wink:

·
Registered
834 Posts
tubbythetuba said:
Ahhhh....another one bites the dust :wink:
Sounds like they both might be Twiterpated to me! :shock:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Open all doors for her,, DON"T LOOK AT OTHER WOMEN WHILE ON THE DATE... Look her in the eyes when talking. never down or away.. .. Clean Car.. Good Music,,, Nice Dinner,, Movie or Walk on Beach if Available.. Say goodnight... then say.. hey.. I am going shooting tomorrow. would you like to go along??? See where it leads from there.

PS: Get one Single Red Rose and give her when she opens the door to start the date..

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
I call Bull. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are who your are and she is who she is...Why phonie it up only to be surprised later on by either of you?If it isn't going to work let it be now instead of down the road when your both being normal...

Gals and guys need to be friends first then the rest comes later.If you can't be friends you can't live with her or visa versa.

Jayco :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Banned
461 Posts
Women love to talk.. Just be yourself and talk to her. You will get all the feedback you need for the rest of the evening and I'm sure she will let you know what's acceptable or not along the way. I highly doubt that your date will be stressful once you get it underway since you both are familiar with each other and have plenty in common. You'll have a great time just being yourself. Good Luck and have fun!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Listen to Jayco!! I agree with him. With 2 old farts agreeing on a course of action you can't go wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts