Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really respect the opinions on this forum. Help me with this decision. I recently bought a 39a and love it. Now I have found an 1894 for sale for 450. (357). I am not a wealthy guy and I would stretch to buy it. I really like the carbine. The LGS will allow a layaway. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
IMHO you should have already put it on lay away at that price. Now, finish your coffee and get on down there before it is too late...Are ya there yet?

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Can't see it of course, but if in decent shape you should jump; on that lay-a-way plan if need be... good luck to you.

Reactions: Survivor99

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
I know how it is to have to stretch it, BUT, for that gun and at that price its DEFINITELY WORTH IT, IF you want/like it!

If you don't like it you can sell it here and make a lil profit to boot...
What type condition is it in?

Good Luck
BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Store is closed today but I'm hoping still there so I can get it in the am!

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
I have a 39A and they are really nice .22's. You want to keep that one. You mentioned an 1894 .357 and here is my opinion ... 1894 .357 = as much fun as you can have with a rifle. Shooting .357's out of a Marlin is like shooting a BB gun on steroids and they are very accurate.

My 39A ... you need one of these ... and you have one ... :congrats:

My 1894 Carbine ... you need one of these ... go for it

After you get that 1894 on layaway, we'll start a plan for the next one ... that's the way it works here :tee:.

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
I would put in on lay-a-way, you would be surprised at the things you can cut back on for such a worthy cause as this

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
+1 lay-a-way. No hard decision needed :). Wait until you get it, you'll understand :marchmellow:.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Lay-a-way gets me in trouble... Pick it up if you can, that ones next on my bucket list after a big-bore!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.