Marlin Firearms Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,852 Posts
I bought a used Henry 45-70AW for 800 bucks earlier this year from the LGS. It is a later model which has been upgraded/reinforced in the tube mag area. Shoots both my Trap Door and full-up Marlin loads with no problem and very accurately. I finally have a 45-70 carbine that can withstand inclement weather. Henry makes some very good quality rifles and has a first rate customer service department---the best in the industry.
As far as the Henry offered to you---I think the price is high. I would wait for a better deal IMHO.
View attachment 867954
I must'a missed the debut of that find Jay! It's a fine looking rifle for sure!

I only have two Henry's, a .41 mag and a shorty brass 45 colt carbine I got from fellow member a9mmfan. I really like them both, as they are well built and handsome to boot. Maybe not as handsome as that 45-70! Is it a satin stainless, or some type of coating? I've never handled one of them. PURTY!

·
Super Moderator
25,878 Posts
I must'a missed the debut of that find Jay! It's a fine looking rifle for sure!

I only have two Henry's, a .41 mag and a shorty brass 45 colt carbine I got from fellow member a9mmfan. I really like them both, as they are well built and handsome to boot. Maybe not as handsome as that 45-70! Is it a satin stainless, or some type of coating? I've never handled one of them. PURTY!
Hey Kerry--this rifle has a satin hard chromed plating which is very durable. This is an older Henry AW, the new ones have the side loading gate.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Unless you really have to have it I wouldn't pay that. I bought a Henry X rifle for 829 at Dicks Sporting Goods about 5 months ago They actually list at most stores more than the blued models with wood stocks. . That said this is my third Henry. I have been very pleased with it. The trigger is under 4lbs. I have a 2x7 leupold on it and I have shot some really good groups at 100 meters with my handloads.
If you are patient you will find one. They are starting to show up. I saw a Henry All Weather for 1099 at a gunshop. (actually about 50 less than MSRP) It sold pretty quick. Its a more expensive gun than the one you are considering.
Not to be negative, but I won't spend a dime at Dick's.

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms! Worked as an engineering
11,803 Posts
Henry's look homely, are balanced wrong, and weigh too much
Thank you, I agree! Fortunately I've got 6 marlins running from .22LR, 30-30, .357, .375, 44 mag and 45-70. All done 10 years ago. Bases loaded! Regret letting the .32-20 go, think it was 1894 CL? Gotta' say they accumulated value through the years along with other guns. Put my kids through nursing school, and Nursing school. greatly

AC

·
Registered
444 Posts
@kwesi:
MSRP for the H010G is $829. I don't know what that means in today's crazy market, but the deal offered you sounds a little high.
Today's market seems to be around.$100.0 to $150.0 over MSRP.
Henrys used to go for around $100.0 under MSRP before the madness hit.
I bought a NIB Henry 44 mag Big Boy tube fed for about $950.0 in 11/2020, course that was still in the peak of the madness. Things have settled down a bit now.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts