Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
~ HELP locating / purchasing a ‘BULLSEYE’ stock inset for my 1951 39A

My 1951 39A passed down to me by my dad is missing it’s Bullseye on the stock - anyone know where I could pick up a replacement ? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Tim in Va.

·
Registered
284 Posts
eBay, I picked up a pack of 12, actually makes 24 for less than $20. That's more than I will ever need. In the how to section of this forum is a great thread about replacing and finishing the bulls eyes.

·
Registered
434 Posts
A steady hand and a sanding drum on a Dremel does a good job of finishing off as well. I've done two that way with good results.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
A 10 pack is $9.99 on eBay - search "marlin bullseye"

Reactions: 51 Long Shot

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I by mine on ebay, just put one in a 1957 Mountie yesterday.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
You can buy them on line at Brownells out of Iowa. Or Midway USA out of Columbia, Missouri. Both places advertise on line. Just google them and they will come up then put in Parts for Marlin Rifle.

Good luck
Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
My 1951 39A passed down to me by my dad is missing it’s Bullseye on the stock - anyone know where I could pick up a replacement ? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Tim in Va.
Numrich/Gun Parts has had them, probably shipping from any of the parts suppliers will exceed what the bullseye costs. Do realize that what you are getting is about twice the hole depth and you'll need to trim to length and then finish it flush with the stock. I would suggest a surround of tape and careful filing. Originally, they were installed before final finishing and sanded flush along with the stock and buttplate. You could do the same if you're refinishing, otherwise be very careful or you WILL be refinishing.

Stan S.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts