Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. folks-
Heres the deal- my other post gave the imptression that I need to sell my 25mn. I can justify keeping it if my left-handed daughter could enjoy hunting with it and me. The bolt she can deal with, but the right handed safety makes it an issue. She is new to the sport so I want her to have that available in addition to an empty chamber and an engaged mind when it comes to safety. I have a modicum of skill in working/ simple machine work. Strictly shade tree, but can fix most anything in a "shade tree" sort of way. I've looked at the safety, and it could be reversed except that the post that holds the trigger on the left side is not threaded or drilled w/ as large a hole as it is on the right. the "pin" that the safety engages against on the trigger itself might need to be replaced with a small set screw that extends through both sides of that part, but that could be done. Inletting the stock and forming a new safety lever from sheet stock is not a problem. Biggest problem I can see is needing a different style screw or pin for the safety/trigger to rest on. Any ideas? I'm open to a different style (tang?) ro style of shooting if it will work. Do you have any ideas? Just cant afford an NEF in 223. Or (gulp :) ) a LH savage in 223. thanks CL

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Why not get a savage in 22 mag then??? sell the mn. I have no clue on changing it over to lefty.. cz makes lefty's too but there more money

·
Registered
932 Posts
I agree with GJ. Sell the 25 and get her a left handed savage 22. I've owned 2 of them and they are good rifles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts