Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and that's the truth.

Like the idiot that I am, I agreed to go out on a date with a man who is a college professor, and in MATH of all things.

We will have nothing to talk about. He will see me as a complete and absolute moron, I can't even add or subtract .

:(

I need you guys to advise me on how to get through this nightmare. Should I just wear something low cut so he doesn't care that I'm an airheaded idiot?

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Just be yourself. :D He probubly doesn't expect you to be a rocket scientist.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
If you put out on the first date he won't mind the add and subtract thing.... :lol: Just joking but what the hell, go have fun.
Dating is like hunting. You got to beileve you'll do well and enjoy the time that you have. If you go out there with a sappy nothing good is gonna happen attitude you might as well quit and jump off a bridge.

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
I remember a logging Movie called "Sometimes A Great Notion" with Paul Newman and Henry Fonda who's long lost son and step-brother came home "Educated" to the logging world.Henry Fonda's first words were "Tell me something in Triginomic's"....

Hey it worked for Henry to break the Ice...Who knows.

Jayco

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Why?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, but I'm afraid that if I say I don't have a gun Wizard might get mad at me because this is a gun board and he thinks I shouldn't be here because I don't have a gun. I'm scared of guns. I've also decided I'm not ready to date, but when the time comes, do you think it would be easier to do so if I went out and bought a gun?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wait I thought you asked if I had a gun which is the question I replied to and now the question has changed to why. Why what? And why did the question change all of a sudden?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
RomanCandle said:
No, but I'm afraid that if I say I don't have a gun Wizard might get mad at me because this is a gun board and he thinks I shouldn't be here because I don't have a gun. I'm scared of guns. ]

:?: :?: :?: :?: :? :? :?: WHAT YOU DON"T HAVE A GUN????!!!!! :?: :?: :?

This is a Gun board you know. Not a women support center!!!! I'm sure there are thousands of women talking boards out on the net, with people who actally care about your dating life more than weither you shoot cast or jacked bullets!!! :p

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
RomanCandle said:
Wait I thought you asked if I had a gun which is the question I replied to and now the question has changed to why. Why what? And why did the question change all of a sudden?

I deleted it almost the moment I posted it as I realized you probably didn't & might not apreciate my attempt at humor.

Now the "why" I posted was asking why we are scaring you.

As far as buying a gun to bring on dates, well if you want a gun you should get one or 20 or so. But I also would say that if you feel you NEED a gun to date a certain fellow you might wanna reconsider.
The math guy tho, if you were more into guns might be able to relate to ballistics & such things. :p

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually, Leverdude, it cracked me up and I loved the analogy. Thanks :)

I'm not ready to date, yet, though, I've decided , even if I take a gun along.

This is a Gun board you know. Not a women support center!!!! I'm sure there are thousands of women talking boards out on the net,
I like you guys better than those boreds full of touchy feely crap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts